Hartwell/Keowee/Jocasse?

So we have officially arrived here in SC, Pickens to be exact anybody care to give me a tour of any of the above lakes its been a long time since I fished anywhere but Okeechobee

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Pick up a paper map from Kingfisher, Hartwell is a COE lake and is well marked with bouys and channel markers. Keowee and Jocassee are Duke Energy lakes. You're close to the north end of Keowee there are some good ramps up there Mile creek is a county park, stop at Durhams store for a biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Pick up a paper map from Kingfisher, Hartwell is a COE lake and is well marked with bouys and channel markers. Keowee and Jocassee are Duke Energy lakes. You're close to the north end of Keowee there are some good ramps up there Mile creek is a county park, stop at Durhams store for a biscuit.
    Why a paper map over gps? whats the difference between a corp lake and duke lake? I remember YEARS ago fishing Keowee and sitting by the release area waiting for the water release the guide I was with said thats when they go off

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I'm a map guy and use it along with my GPS. I can sit at the table and spread the map out and study it. Then pick where I want to fish, just a personal thing. Of course they have contours on them and for Hartwell they show the channel markers. Plus Hartwell has three main rivers, Seneca, 3&20 creek and the Tugaloo.
    The COE lakes have channels marked by either bouys or day markers, the Duke lakes do not, only have shoal markers. The water levels on Keowee and Jocassee don't deviate much. The Corp can drop Hartwell pretty quickly as it was built as a flood control lake.

going to ride over to mile creek tomorrow and have a look its about 15-20 minutes from our house

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    I'm a map guy and use it along with my GPS. I can sit at the table and spread the map out and study it. Then pick where I want to fish, just a personal thing. Of course they have contours on them and for Hartwell they show the channel markers. Plus Hartwell has three main rivers, Seneca, 3&20 creek and the Tugaloo.
    The COE lakes have channels marked by either bouys or day markers, the Duke lakes do not, only have shoal markers. The water levels on Keowee and Jocassee don't deviate much. The Corp can drop Hartwell pretty quickly as it was built as a flood control lake.
    https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=e...key=_haqEdlsxN
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest