Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Of course they have

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I think the government also has used Twitter in underhanded ways. I hope the full scope is revealed soon.
    I agree, I know that multiple Governments have used several social media websites in all kinds of underhanded way. The scope is not limited to Twitter nor any one political party. Musk will never release anything that he doesn't agree with releasing or anything that might hurt his bottom line. There lies the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    I agree, I know that multiple Governments have used several social media websites in all kinds of underhanded way. The scope is not limited to Twitter nor any one political party. Musk will never release anything that he doesn't agree with releasing or anything that might hurt his bottom line. There lies the problem.
    Dont you think that it has been well established that the management of Twitter would have outed in real time, anything detrimental to conservatives prior to Musk’s ownership?

You are rationalizing and inventing here.

So Twiter was liberal propaganda and going forward will be conservative propaganda.
    Fox, Newsmas, OAN will continue to be conservative propaganda,
    CNN and MSNBC will continue to be liberal propaganda.
    Tooth Social will be conservative propaganda
    Last edited by pavi69; 12-09-2022 at 01:56 PM.

P01135809

Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    So Twiter was liberal propaganda and going forward will be conservative propaganda.
    CNN and MSNBC will continue to be liveral propaganda.
    I don’t think you’re understanding the picture here.

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    I fully understand the picture. In my house you do not have free speech. The first amendment does not apply.

P01135809

7. Member
    Dont you think that it has been well established that the management of Twitter would have outed in real time, anything detrimental to conservatives prior to Musk’s ownership?

You are rationalizing and inventing here.
    I think Fox and the ones butt hurt about being banned have done a good job of advertising that as such. I will suffice that there were some shady things going on at Twitter. But to rely on the fox to tell the truth about the piggies doesn't seem any more redeeming to me.

I think Fox and the ones butt hurt about being banned have done a good job of advertising that as such. I will suffice that there were some shady things going on at Twitter. But to rely on the fox to tell the truth about the piggies doesn't seem any more redeeming to me.
    This isn’t about Fox, any other one-way news outlet, or anyone you claim as being “butt hurt”.

This is about Twitter, a two-way communication network that was banning, blacklisting, and filtering for political reasons, all while claiming they weren’t.

I fully understand the picture. In my house you do not have free speech. The first amendment does not apply.
    Clearly you’re not. Twitter isn’t anyones “house”.

10. Member
    This isn’t about Fox, any other one-way news outlet, or anyone you claim as being “butt hurt”.

This is about Twitter, a two-way communication network that was banning, blacklisting, and filtering for political reasons, all while claiming they weren’t.
    But where are you getting your information about what happened with Twitter? Either directly from the people who were banned (fox & crazy politicians) or from the person with a vested interest and an advertised political leaning (Musk). Like Dorsey said release all the information about the moderation dont cherry pick and release only what makes you look good.

11. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    ...This is about Twitter, a two-way communication network that was banning, blacklisting, and filtering for political reasons, all while claiming they weren’t.

Don't annoy us further!
    Oh, we have our work to do
    Just think about the average
    What use have they for you?
    Another toy that helped destroy
    The elder race of man
    Forget about your silly whim
    It doesn't fit the plan!

~Lee, Lifeson, Peart
    Who controls John Gill?

But where are you getting your information about what happened with Twitter? Either directly from the people who were banned (fox & crazy politicians) or from the person with a vested interest and an advertised political leaning (Musk). Like Dorsey said release all the information about the moderation dont cherry pick and release only what makes you look good.
    Is the type or side of moderation going to make a difference to you? Will it make you feel better if these bans were two sided?

Did it ever occur to you that it’s far more likely that Dorsey is attempting to hide or distort something that he is liable for? After all, we now have solid evidence that his company does that sort of thing. With Musk, not so.

All he has to do is claim that there’s more, and when there isn’t, the intellectually lazy will invent it in their minds for him.

Musk’s “political leanings” are one of those inventions. He’s not once professed any political leaning, and up until his intention to buy Twitter, he was a darling of the left.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I think the government also has used Twitter in underhanded ways. I hope the full scope is revealed soon.
    Yea Mark. When a lead FBI lawyer involved in Russia gate. Then moves over to lead attorney at Twitter it’s not real hard to connect the dots.

Clearly you’re not. Twitter isn’t anyones “house”.
    You don't have a clue if you think freedom of speach covers Twitter. They are free to censor any speach they don't like.

P01135809

15. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

There's many who don't understand what Twitter is.

Your comparison to a communication network is spot on.

It's like Verizon filtering our conversations in real time. It would be like calling my mother and her line being busy only it wasn't really busy. Verizon, said, you don't need to talk to her now. She's saying things we don't like.

It's like google deleting or editing your emails you send to other people before they open the email. They deleted the paragraph where you said something negative about a president.
    Last edited by boneil; 12-09-2022 at 03:00 PM.
    Thanos was the hero

16. Member
    CNN and MSNBC will continue to be liberal propaganda.
    guess you missed the part where the Fed Government is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    guess you missed the part where the Fed Government is involved.
    Have not missed a thing. Just working for the government does not make you the government.

P01135809

18. Member
    Is the type or side of moderation going to make a difference to you? Will it make you feel better if these bans were two sided?
    If there was a standard/or rule in place that was applied without prejudice that led to the moderation then the bans are justified. Using twitter to incite violence or spread misinformation is against the rules. It is twitters' platform to moderate how they see fit. If rules were made up as they go then no.

Did it ever occur to you that it’s far more likely that Dorsey is attempting to hide or distort something that he is liable for? After all, we now have solid evidence that his company does that sort of thing. With Musk, not so.

All he has to do is claim that there’s more, and when there isn’t, the intellectually lazy will invent it in their minds for him.
    This is possible but Musk has already admitted there is much much more but continues to cherry pick what he is releasing.

Musk’s “political leanings” are one of those inventions. He’s not once professed any political leaning, and up until his intention to buy Twitter, he was a darling of the left.
    If you follow him in twitter he has already announced who he supports for POTUS and its not Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Don't annoy us further!
    Oh, we have our work to do
    Just think about the average
    What use have they for you?
    Another toy that helped destroy
    The elder race of man
    Forget about your silly whim
    It doesn't fit the plan!

~Lee, Lifeson, Peart

I love Triumph!

My friends and I consider them to be the best band to come out of Australia since Kansas.

20. Member

No, Dennis, it is important. Empirical evidence tells us so.

Those examples you’ve listed are publications, not communication networks.

You’re rationalizing; if this blacklisting and suppression of thoughts were reversed, you’d be outraged.
    I'm not rationalizing, I don't ever look at Twitter and neither does anyone in my family. We have always viewed it as an entertainment platform and am baffled by folks who think it is the proper place to communicate with friends or the "news". Now the Government does have an interest if it is used for criminal purposes (posting classified information, planning insurrection, criminal conspiracy, etc....). The more difficult question is what to do about misinformation that is not technically illegal but is dangerous (drug recipes, bomb making plans, pandemic misinformation, etc....), that is a stickier question. I think it comes back to legal liability. The original error was making these platforms "risk free" to the sponsors. They are getting rich off advertisement but take no responsibility for the content. If an organization wanted to rent a venue from me with the stated purpose to plan a mass shooting event I would be held responsible for not telling the authorities about that meeting. These media companies are told thru these posts that some actors are planning harm to others but are claiming they have no responsibility to "read" what is posted.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast