smoking a turkey the day before??

Saturday morning I plan on smoking a turkey for my Sunday School class. We eat at 11:30. It takes about 3.5 to 4.5 hours for the cook. I put the bird on the smoker at 6am. We head to church around 10:30. I keep the bird wrapped in a cooler till I get there and then do the carving. I don't feel any pressure but my worry wort wife is always concerned I'll be late getting the turkey there due to needing more time for the cook. So far it hasn't been an issue. I read an article about smoking the turkey the day before. Cutting the bird up and placing the meat in a aluminum roasting pan. Then put it in the fridge till the next day. One hour before serving put the turkey in the oven for an hour. There is an oven at the church. Has anyone used this method? I'm concerned the meat will be dry. What's your opinion?
    thanks.

Read it wrong. Oops. Sorry.

3. Member
    You'll need to cover it in a liquid or it will dry out. And you can forget about crisp skin.
    Otherwise, smoke, rest, carve, pan, cover with liquid, store in chiller, heat & serve later.

just use a big easy. up to a 16 lb. bird. 10 minutes / lb. put it in the big easy and forget about it till time is up.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.