TD Ameritrade to Schwab

I was enjoying nothing really becoming of the acquisition, but I got an email today saying that they are going to move us TD guys over to the Schwab platform in 2023. They are bringing over thinkorswim. How is the schwab platform for you guys that have it? Is it as good as the TD Ameritrade view? I like the simplicity of the TD online account view and how you can dial it up to super intense if you need to. Can you do that on Schwab? Kind of have a summary view? I wish they'd just leave it alone

2. Member
    We really like Schwab, head to toe. Everything is possible, but simplicity is there.
    In total, we have four brokerage, Schwab is our favorite. I'd not be concerned.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I hope think or swim doesn't change.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I hope think or swim doesn't change.
    They say it isn't going to

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    We really like Schwab, head to toe. Everything is possible, but simplicity is there.
    In total, we have four brokerage, Schwab is our favorite. I'd not be concerned.

6. Member
    We use a similar product, StreetSmart. However, you're going to have access.

7. Member
    As a TD customer I actually got access to Schwabs money market mutual funds a few months ago so that was a big benefit. The rates were better on the treasury ones than what I had access to before.

8. Member
    I've only used Schwab the past few years and it's great for what I do...
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

9. Member
    I use TDAmeritrade, but not a big fan of thinkorswim. I prefer tradingview for charting.

10. Member
    Thinkorswim can be a lot, it just depends on what you're doing. If you're a daytrader it's the best software I've seen. You've got to get it dialed in and customized though for it to be most useful. I only use it really for daytrading or exiting/entering a large swing or something

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Thinkorswim can be a lot, it just depends on what you're doing. If you're a daytrader it's the best software I've seen. You've got to get it dialed in and customized though for it to be most useful. I only use it really for daytrading or exiting/entering a large swing or something
    Same for me, I actually think it is fantastic...but took me a while to figure it all out and get it setup in a manner that suited me.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.