Thread: Horn

Horn

Can anyone confirm that the horn for the 2021 190TXW is part of the bow light assembly? This is what BPS told me. Mine stopped working and I checked the switch and fuse and both seem OK. I just couldn't find the actual horn to buzz it out.
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Ultrex 80lb 52” iPilot Link
    Bow Mount Humminbird Helix 10
    Cockpit Mount Humminbird Helix 9
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock

2. Member
    It is on my 2022 Classic XL. My horn was OK though, the button was the problem. The fuse was good, and the button felt "OK" but there was no power when it was pressed.

3. Member
    It's hard to tell from the online photos of your 2021 190TXW but it appears you may have a similar bow navigation light/horn combo that is on my 2015 Targa V18. It has a socket to insert the bow green/red navigation light pole (6 to 8 inches tall) to make the light higher than the trolling motor. If so, the horn is likely built into that unit. It may have what looks like a screen on the forward-most portion, that is where the horn sound comes out. If you unscrew it from the deck, you will find the horn attached. It is likely an Attwood product.

Hope that helps. I had a navigation light (bulb) issue and tore mine apart to resolve it which is when I realized that the horn is built into the unit. FYI I ended up finding a nice LED bulb that is super bright to replace the original incandescent bulb. PM me if you need a link to the bulb that worked for me.
    2015 Tracker Targa V18 150 4-Stroke 2B142247 9.9 EFI Pro Kicker 1R159535
    2001 MasterCraft Maristar 210 V-Drive, LTR 330 HP

4. Member
    I know it was in 2016. If I remember right it is an atwood part. I had a loose wire going to the nav light on mine but I remated the connector and it was good to go. If I remember right the horn was connected using the same type connector. Maybe that is something to check. There was a short pigtail coming off the horn/light base that mated with a cable harness. The connection I am talking about is where this pigtail mates with the harness under the bow access plate.

Base looks like this one: https://www.backtoboating.com/produc...orn-light-base

5. Member
    I removed the horn/light assembly yesterday. The problem was a loose wire to the horn. I reconnected and tightened it up and all is good now. Thank you everyone for all the help!
    2021 Tracker 190TXW
    Mercury 115 PRO XS
    Ultrex 80lb 52” iPilot Link
    Bow Mount Humminbird Helix 10
    Cockpit Mount Humminbird Helix 9
    Mega 360
    Mega Live Target Lock