Question Attending 2023 Bassmaster Classic in Knoxville - looking for suggestions please...

A few of us will be coming from Ontario Canada in March to attend the BM Classic and staying in Knoxville.

We're looking at renting a boat for one of the days, to drive around and watch the Elites and fish ourselves.

I've looked into the Fishing Guides and Boat Rentals but thought I would seek info. from people possibly in the area.

Currently we're considering a pontoon boat rental but thought I would ask here, if anyone has suggestions on possibilities that are alternatives / options?
    i.e. here, we have a couple of guides that park at ramps and offer "a friend with a boat" like options, guides that may not be linked with a Google search, etc.

We're 3 guys in our 50's that fish often in any weather, for fun and tournaments and appreciate any replies and suggestions.

Thanks everyone.

Cheers,

Paul Legacey
    Last edited by Legacey; 12-08-2022 at 01:36 PM.

2. Member
    Hello

Our boat rental was cancelled due to a rule of not allowing boat rentals during a certain period of time, and of course, the BM Classic is within that. :-(

I realize it may be a long-shot but am back on the hunt, to seek any information on guides (other than those found with Google and hoping a friend of a friend type referral) or if there is someone with a suitable boat and willingness to take 3 of us out for a day, we'd happily pay for your time.

As mentioned, we're 3 guys over 50 and all work together for the City of Kingston in Ontario, and within different departments; Info. Sys, Parks n Rec and Facilities.

Although we won't have much gear with us, we're planning on bringing a few reels and buying rods while there. We're catch and release only and well versed in fishing / boating.

Thanks for the replies I have received from one of the members and any consideration is always appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul
    Last edited by Legacey; 02-13-2023 at 02:41 PM.

Try meltonhill Bill.

Billy is usually booked out months ahead of time. Might call him just to check. There is another guy that goes by fishing with Billy. I think he onlys does weekends though.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies.

A user has reached out and am hoping to work out a deal. Fingers crossed.

Although cash is pretty much always king, we're also willing and able to work out a deal with that and offer a guide trade with our services too.

We're on the shores of Lake Ontario and the entry to the St. Lawrence River, which is becoming famous for huge smallies. We often catch many over 5 and in the fall, lots of 6's and the odd 7lber. The Elites in Waddington NY last year, had a few Pro's get into the Century Club with > 100lbs for the event.

We have a 21' Ranger and Lund Pro V Tournament series so lots of room.

Thanks again for helping.

Cheers,

Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Those are some TOADs eh!

7. Member
    Thanks - our smallmouth fishing can be crazy!

My goal this year is >8lbs and with the gobies, they're growing faster than any other lake, so hoping attainable.