brackets for talon

Will the raptor brackets work with talons or do you have to use the big aluminum brackets still? Jackplate mount on a slidemaster

2. Member
    You should be able to use the jack plate mount in either application.

3. Member
    No you should not use Raptor or PP brackets with Talons but you can use Talon, PP or Raptor brackets with Raptor or PP (or new LEWMAR shallow water anchor)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pluggedtheboat View Post
    No you should not use Raptor or PP brackets with Talons but you can use Talon, PP or Raptor brackets with Raptor or PP (or new LEWMAR shallow water anchor)
    Why not? that is the way mine is setup

5. Member
    Due to the weight difference of Talons it is suggested to use the beefier Talon brackets. I mean all the hole sizes are obvious the same.. So it will work .. But i can see how that can add extra stress on brackets etc..

6. Member
    Due to the weight difference of Talons it is suggested to use the beefier Talon brackets. I mean all the hole sizes are obvious the same.. So it will work .. But i can see how that can add extra stress on brackets etc..
    \

I read his statement wrong, My bad. You are correct on your statement.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    The heavy duty overbuilt talon brackets are ment for talons and there heavy weight . Talons should not be mounted on Raptor or powerpole brackets. However raptors can be mounted on powerpole brackets and vice versa.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    In Addition to what this guy has said which is correct.

The Talon brackets spread the Talons further apart. Talons by design deploy straight down. The wider brackets create a wider foot print between the two anchor points = better holding power. For example. Put your feet close together, someone pushes you, you move. Place your feet further apart. Get pushed, you don't move as much.. You get the picture..

Power Pole and Raptor brackets are typically shorter. By design the mounting brackets have different geometry (depending on part number.) Power Pole and Raptors deploy outward and the geometry of the bracket itself will dictate the footprint. People used to make jokes about Power Poles looking like grasshopper legs. Well out and away = holding power.

If one were to take a set of Talons and place them on Power Pole or Raptor Brackets, not only will you have flex but you will also have a narrow footprint = less holding power and chances are your going to spin in a swift current, wind etc.. You may as well save money and run a single Talon at that point.

There are additional clearance issues that can occur with Talons on Power Pole or Raptor Brackets.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    In Addition to what this guy has said which is correct.

The Talon brackets spread the Talons further apart. Talons by design deploy straight down. The wider brackets create a wider foot print between the two anchor points = better holding power. For example. Put your feet close together, someone pushes you, you move. Place your feet further apart. Get pushed, you don't move as much.. You get the picture..

Power Pole and Raptor brackets are typically shorter. By design the mounting brackets have different geometry (depending on part number.) Power Pole and Raptors deploy outward and the geometry of the bracket itself will dictate the footprint. People used to make jokes about Power Poles looking like grasshopper legs. Well out and away = holding power.

If one were to take a set of Talons and place them on Power Pole or Raptor Brackets, not only will you have flex but you will also have a narrow footprint = less holding power and chances are your going to spin in a swift current, wind etc.. You may as well save money and run a single Talon at that point.

There are additional clearance issues that can occur with Talons on Power Pole or Raptor Brackets.

Great points .. Thanks