Lowrance experts, step inside, "Compatibility - The new with the old"

Exactly what, from the new HDS Pro, 3100, AT 2 etc., line is going to be compatible with Lives and Carbons "without" having to spend more money on new module's?

For instance, will I be able to get an AT 2 Transducer and use it directly with AT 1 module? (*Kind of like when we used the then new LSS 2 transducers with the LSS 1 module, which BTW gave better image quality.)
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

2. Member
    The new Active Imaging HD is not compatible with Lives or Carbons w/o the S3100 module.

For AT, my understanding is that an AT2 transducer can be used with an AT1 module, but there is an image degredation. The AT2 ducer is designed to work with an AT2 module.

Not sure how it could be done any other way. Would you rather have them limit tech so it can be used with the old tech? I certainly wouldnt.
    I also think the AI 3n1 transducers beat the LSS1/2 bigtime with downscan as the only weakness. Fish Reveal to me is an awesome upgrade.
    Just think about how long Carbons have been out and still up to par with new stuff, plus still going to be able to use it with some added modules. Pretty awesome if you ask me. The only thing holding Carbons back is the processor.

fish reveal side scan will only work on live and pro and elite fs with the 3100 box and the correct fish reveal transducer. the 3100 will work on carbon but you will not have the fish reveal part just the hd side and down scan
    Last edited by skeeter21i; 12-07-2022 at 07:03 PM.