Thread: Lake Hartwell

Lake Hartwell

I have some family in laws in the area and coming down to visit in March. What is the better time to fish, earlier in the month or later?
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

2. Banned
    There is never a bad time for hartwell. Depends on the weather. If you come later you might have spawning fish, shad spawn, herring spawn and every fish in the lake might be up on the bank. Could be a massive cold front and have to fish like it's winter time. But that time of the year, they are biting there, if you don't catch them it's YOU not the fish. I would go later to have a better chance at stable conditions.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Water will be warming up in March I'd have to say the middle of the month on should be good.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn View Post
    There is never a bad time for hartwell. Depends on the weather. If you come later you might have spawning fish, shad spawn, herring spawn and every fish in the lake might be up on the bank. Could be a massive cold front and have to fish like it's winter time. But that time of the year, they are biting there, if you don't catch them it's YOU not the fish. I would go later to have a better chance at stable conditions.
    agree