Livescope XR with LV62 transducer

Was wondering if anyone has this transducer, uses it in freshwater, and has any screenshots, especially in the perspective mode? Thinking about adding Humminbird Mega 360 to my boat for looking at structure, or would the LV62 in perspective mode produce good images out to 100' with
    the added bonus of live sonar? Thanks.

2. Member
    Just noticed you said in perspective mode, but here is some info from LWINCHESTER2

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1191648&highlight=lvs62

3. Member
    Thanks for posting the link SkippyJack.

fisheye216: How deep of water are you most interested in?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Thanks for posting the link SkippyJack.

fisheye216: How deep of water are you most interested in?
    Usually 10-20' , occassionally up to 30'. Thanks.

5. Member
    Well, this has to count as a swing and a miss. There's an area where I fish that a huge group of channel cats have been holding at, so this morning I thought I would run there and use the LVS62 is perspective mode and get some spectular shots. Most were gone today. I suppose with all the rain we have had it put them on the move. Also for those interested in how dirty water affects the LVS62 this was dirty water from all the rain and sediment. I couldn't tell that it affected it. Just not a lot of fish to show though. The added cone shown is the overlay from the LVS34 that I was also using so generally I was able to verify that what I thought were fish were fish.

fisheye216: If your interest in the LVS62 is to look at structure, I don't recommend it for two reasons. First at ranges of 100ft and more with LVS and other tech, the detail is not going to be that good anyway. Seeing great detail requires short ranges and high frequencies. Second, the lower frequency of the LVS62 compared to the LVS32 or LVS34 means it will be less detailed. Now for seeing fish. I think it does a spectacular job. There just weren't a lot of fish at this location today. A lot depends on the situation and settings. You need to be dialed to the situation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Well, this has to count as a swing and a miss. There's an area where I fish that a huge group of channel cats have been holding at, so this morning I thought I would run there and use the LVS62 is perspective mode and get some spectular shots. Most were gone today. I suppose with all the rain we have had it put them on the move. Also for those interested in how dirty water affects the LVS62 this was dirty water from all the rain and sediment. I couldn't tell that it affected it. Just not a lot of fish to show though. The added cone shown is the overlay from the LVS34 that I was also using so generally I was able to verify that what I thought were fish were fish.

fisheye216: If your interest in the LVS62 is to look at structure, I don't recommend it for two reasons. First at ranges of 100ft and more with LVS and other tech, the detail is not going to be that good anyway. Seeing great detail requires short ranges and high frequencies. Second, the lower frequency of the LVS62 compared to the LVS32 or LVS34 means it will be less detailed. Now for seeing fish. I think it does a spectacular job. There just weren't a lot of fish at this location today. A lot depends on the situation and settings. You need to be dialed to the situation.
    Thank you for posting the images and sharing your take on this. There's nothing available right now that can take the place of Mega 360 for looking at structure around the boat. Maybe the technology will eventually advance to the point where you can get Mega 360 quality images combined with live sonar on one screen with a single transducer. Appreciate the information.