Thread: Ping g425 max

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    BTW
    Ping is coming out with a new driver after the 1st of the year. Gonna be alot of good used 425's out there for sale on the cheap.

2. Member
    My nephew started playing around 6 months ago with another nephew's starter set. He hit as expected for someone starting out. Last month, he bought a full set of G425s; driver, 3-wood, 5 hybrid, and 5 thru SW. His game took a downward turn. It's obviously not the clubs.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    Hang in there, I know your frustration....lessons are your friend....enjoy the Holidays.
    Thanks! You too!

Quote Originally Posted by west point bass View Post
    Hit 40 balls today,same ol same ol. I'm don't hitting balls until I can find someone to explain what I am doing wrong. May just throw the clubs in the trash and start going thru my reels getting them ready for spring. Just getting tired of the aggravation!

Try playing the ball more forward in your stance, it feels funny at first but as stated above if your club in open at impact you’re going to slice the ball. My brother played a slice for years and in 2 rounds playing the ball forward he is hitting a draw.
    GO DAWGS

5. Member
    [QUOTE=west point bass;12798420]Hit 40 balls today,same ol same ol. I'm don't hitting balls until I can find someone to explain what I am doing wrong. May just throw the clubs in the trash and start going thru my reels getting them ready for spring. Just getting tired of the aggravation![/QUOTe

Using baseball analogy..........setup like normal with clubface pointing to the pitcher. Next have an alignment rod pointing to second baseman. Swing the club along this line and you will not slice. This is the in to out swing path that all golfers strive for. It takes a lot of practice but once you lose that OLD muscle memory from over the top swing it will feel natural.

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Muscle memory has nothing to do with learning a swing. Also, swinging in to out can produce a slice, its called a push slice.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Muscle memory has nothing to do with learning a swing. Also, swinging in to out can produce a slice, its called a push slice.
    Muscle memory is a thing. From the way you write, throw a baseball, swing a golf club. It is very hard to change the way you do certain things without conditioning your muscle movements.

8. Member
    I think the key is the OP will need to find his swing changes either on his own or with professional help.
    Playing with better players is one way to learn that I always enjoyed.
    We all find improvement in our own way.
    Golf is a frustrating game if you let it control you instead of you controlling your golf ball.
    For many years I was frustrated till I played with an assistant pro who hit wonderful iron shots.
    He hit down on the ball instead of trying to lift it up like me.
    I hit down on all iron shots from then on and became a fairly good iron player.
    Golf is more of a journey for me with many different phases.
    My next challenge is about to start with a new men's group and that will force me to work on my game.

9. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnags View Post
    Muscle memory is a thing. From the way you write, throw a baseball, swing a golf club. It is very hard to change the way you do certain things without conditioning your muscle movements.
    That's interesting. I've been a golf teaching professional for over 25 years and I can take a golfer who have been slicing the ball their entire life and have them drawing the ball in under an hour.

10. Member
    That's interesting. I've been a golf teaching professional for over 25 years and I can take a golfer who have been slicing the ball their entire life and have them drawing the ball in under an hour.
    Yeah but what about next week when they get back in their old swing

11. Member
    Maybe muscle memory is wrong terminology but you know and I know if you don't practice those movements til it comes second nature you will revert to old habits. I've been playing golf for 45 years and it still amazes me how difficult this game is to get good and stay good at it.

12. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Yeah but what about next week when they get back in their old swing
    Only if they don't listen.

13. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Maybe muscle memory is wrong terminology but you know and I know if you don't practice those movements til it comes second nature you will revert to old habits. I've been playing golf for 45 years and it still amazes me how difficult this game is to get good and stay good at it.
    Sure, it is if you don't actually understand intent and task, and how that effects body movement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12