Thread: Should there be

Should there be

A bass season? With it being so easy to find and watch bedding bass with FFS ( especially in perspective mode) should there be a season with it closed during the spawn? I'm pretty sure Ks. use to have one maybe 50-60 yrs. ago, maybe someone older than me will remember.

2. Member
    Not until...
    1- I finally spend the too much money to obtain Livescope. (2023)
    2- Use it for a couple of years, never really learning correct settings on how to make it work like it should. (2023-24)
    & 3- Still beat the bank, like I have forever, on shallow muddy lakes. (2025)

By this time (2025-26) a "season" will not matter to me since I will have sold my LVS34, at a huge loss, since there will have been two more iterations making mine obsolete. HA

Seriously, to me this will never be the thing that will be needed to help the Bass population.
    What does need to happen is a solution to LBV and how to reestablish lakes to the way they were before they were devastated!!!!
    2015 VT 17 w/ 75 4stroke Merc
    Garmin 106sv, Echomap Plus 73sv, & LVS34
    & lots of fish ;)

NO, there have been studies showing that fishing during the spawn has no effect on fish populations.

4. Member
    Once people start setting Livescope up like trailcams, maybe.

5. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    NO, there have been studies showing that fishing during the spawn has no effect on fish populations.
    Tournaments are a different story....