Thread: Sirius radio

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar

Sirius radio

My contract is up and I am wondering what the going rate for Sirius radio is now? I just hate the phone call but I don't let them auto renew.
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

2. Member
    I renewed a few months ago. I believe it was about $75-80 including fees and taxes. I do their little dance with them every year and threaten to cancel but after being put on hold for a few minutes, they always come back and give me the rate from the previous year.

3. Member
    Mine is $5 a month after they begged me back

I just renewed last month, did it over their chat online and it was very easy. I think total with taxes and fees etc, I am around $7 a month. She also said something about it wouldn't raise back up after a year, but we will see about that.

5. Member
    They billed me for about 250.00 each vehicle this year. I called and canceled, tired of dealing with companies for decades that give new customers all the perks while trying to rape loyal customers. I am not sure who came up with that biz plan but I’d like to kick em in the nads.

I usually get a smoking deal when I renew each year. I set a reminder on my phone for a day or two before my contract expires. A quick 5 minute or less easy call saves me a bunch of money. I am a big fan of having it in my vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    They billed me for about 250.00 each vehicle this year. I called and canceled, tired of dealing with companies for decades that give new customers all the perks while trying to rape loyal customers. I am not sure who came up with that biz plan but I’d like to kick em in the nads.
    That’s EXACTLY the reason I dumped them years ago. I feel I shouldn’t have to play “Let’s make a deal” for a radio subscription.
    Ranting incoherently

8. Member
    I’m at $5 a month but have to call and do the round a bout every year.

9. Member
    I just buy a new truck every time the free subscription expires. I kid! I kid! but after experiencing their billing practices years ago and how cancelling was literally impossible, ie, no matter how many times you call and confirm your cancellation, they just continue billing you. I will not play that game again. I highly recommend using a temporary CC number for that transaction.

10. Member
    With the way you can stream through Apple Car Play and with unlimited data plans, I don’t see how this satellite music subscription model works anymore.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    That’s EXACTLY the reason I dumped them years ago. I feel I shouldn’t have to play “Let’s make a deal” for a radio subscription.
    Same here. Had it when it was just XM and now SiriusXm and dumped them a couple of years ago and happy that I finally did. Got tired for playing that game every year. (still playing the game with Directv though!) Now I just play what I want to hear by streaming through Apple Carplay or through USB stick.
    Last edited by RangerJim; 12-06-2022 at 03:36 PM.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

12. Member
    Hate dealing with that company but enjoy the programming. They just automatically renewed my subscription a year after I spent quite a while refusing to renew until I finally agreed on paying a one time payment of 80 dollars for the upcoming year and made the mistake of paying with a credit card. They promised to send me an email when it was time to renew but would not automatically renew. One year later I was charged over 300 dollars and automatically renewed. Took 2 calls trying to cancel until I finally agreed to another year at 80 dollars. I paid with a credit card that I put funds into for online type purchases.

I hate this company and won’t ever give them another dime
    I can spend an hour telling stories about how they have tried to scam me and others

Watch out for the "Auto Renewal" and "Royalty Fees"

But OkAce is right $5 a month is the going rate if you willing to jump through the hoops and dodge the scams
    "The handicapped angler"

14. Member
    They just ran a black Friday special, $5.00 bucks per month for two years. I put it in my calendar to call them the month it expires to avoid the auto renew. The promo code was SXMDEAL24FOR5

15. Member
    $5 a month + fees is about the best rate. Last few times I called, I just told them I want to renew with my same plan or cancel. They mention the $17 or so monthly plan and I repeat the same plan or cancel and there hasn't been any more blowback for the last few years.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

I just renewed mine. I called and straight up told them I would pay $60 for the year or I would go to a streaming service. After a couple of ers and ums from the operator, it was $76 and change with "fees". Took all of 5 minutes. I do this every year for my birthday. Easy reminder too.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    With the way you can stream through Apple Car Play and with unlimited data plans, I don’t see how this satellite music subscription model works anymore.
    It is 10 to 15 minutes of driving before I can get a cell signal strong enough to stream and many dead spots around. It makes streaming here terrible. FM stations are distant and hard to pick up in the mountains. XM is the least objectionable to listen too even though I can get on the wrong side of a mountain and lose signal for a few seconds. I know there are areas in the western states where seemingly no one lives. xm is the only signal one can get.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

Dropped them years ago. Same problems everyone has already mentioned. Apple Music is more expensive but you can listen to exactly what you want whenever you want. New or old.

I bought 2 lifetime subscriptions about 20 years ago. I hardly ever listen to it anymore. The DJs are just as annoying as regular FM.

I tune to Pandora (which is also owned by Sirius/xm) and it’s just music, no happy DJ.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day

Teach a man to fish, he will complain that you stole his fishing spot.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerTim619 View Post
    My contract is up and I am wondering what the going rate for Sirius radio is now? I just hate the phone call but I don't let them auto renew.
    Stop being so cheap.... You have more money than all of the guys in this thread together... You won't even ship my molds and injector from years ago...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast