Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I can run 18 to 25 mph with Hydraulic plate anywhere below 17, and not have any issues. Trim tucked all the way down, and a little feathering of the throttle here and there.

2. Member
    I have a 2020 ZX225 with SHO 225 Yamaha, factory manual jack plate. When I first got the boat, I too noticed slight porpoise at lower speeds with trim. I quickly found the problem to be with the T2 prop. When I had the prop worked I found one blade was much heavier than the other two and one blade had a flat spot on the leading edge. This was causing inconsistent lift which showed up at lower speeds. Working the prop allowed me to immediately run at lower speeds with as much as 50% trim. Totally blew my mind. I returned everything back to factory settings regarding jack plate heights and such.
    Just today I wrote a post on my exposure to the T2, worth the read if you have time. The T2 is giving Skeeter a terrible exposure in my opinion. You would think a $1000 prop would be flawless........especially from a Japanese company?
    Anyway, pay to have the prop blueprinted and balanced. If you want a little more performance ask for some extra tweaking. Nothing is wrong with the Skeeter, it is the prop.
    At least that was my problem guys. I changed nothing else and it all went away.

3. Member
    Lots of interesting comments. My Skeeter experience includes a 2004 ZX250 and a 2007 21I-Class. I don’t recall this issue with either of those boats. While the fit and finish of those boats were pretty poor, they ran well and fished great. Maybe this is a ZXR/ FXR hull anomaly… it seems like the 2023 ZXR-20 I purchased has a good fit and finish, and I can’t wait for the ice to clear!

4. Member
    Props aren’t made by yamaha and there not made in Japan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12