Setting up Lowrance HDS System

Excuse me for my lack of knowledge, but maybe I can get some pointers here. I recently bought a boat that had a Lowrance HDS 8 Gen 1 at console & Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 1 at the bow. I have a structure scan box with a LSS-1 tranducer on transom, a through hull puck, and just standard sonar puck transducer mounted on the trolling motor. I recently picked up 2 Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 3 with (1) 3 in 1 transducer and a motorguide trolling motor with built in 83/200 2D sonar transducer.

1st off from what I understand I do not need the structure scan box any longer. I understand I will keep the thru hull puck hooked up to my console. Which transducer will work best for my console unit. LSS-1 or the 3 in 1? Also should I use the other on the trolling motor or just use the built in 2D transducer? Thanks for any input

2. Member
    If you really got AI 3 in 1 with the Gen 3, you should complain and get m/h TotalScan instead as AI 3 i 1 is incompatible with everything you have, including the Gen 3. Keep in mind that in order to use ethernet between the Gen 3 and what you have, the Gen 3 must be on old software (like 7.0), if you update it to its latest software (18.2) it should not be in ethernet with neither the LSS-module or the older HDS units.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    If you really got AI 3 in 1 with the Gen 3, you should complain and get m/h TotalScan instead as AI 3 i 1 is incompatible with everything you have, including the Gen 3. Keep in mind that in order to use ethernet between the Gen 3 and what you have, the Gen 3 must be on old software (like 7.0), if you update it to its latest software (18.2) it should not be in ethernet with neither the LSS-module or the older HDS units.

I'm not wanting the Gen 3 to work with anything other than the transducers I listed. I will get rid of the LSS Module & Gen 1 units. I just wanted to make sure the Gen 3 would work with the transducers I listed. I will also check, I might have the Totalscan instead of the 3 n 1.

4. Member
    The LSS-1 will work plugged directly into the gen 3 units, but the totalscan will work better. The thru hull you already have will also plug directly into the gen 3 units. The generic 83/200 in the trolling motor will also work. I used an LSS-1 for a while when I first got my gen 3 and it worked fine but I eventually upgraded to an LSS-2 and it was much better.