It's that time of year

Deer season is over. Time to collect the temporary stands and put 'em away for another year. Do you ever get the stand down and packed for the hike out and then look back at the tree for a minute? Maybe reminisce about a good hunt or wonder why it didn't produce as well as you'd hoped? I did the other day. Was considering whether to use the same location next year since the deer didn't go through there much after the first week. That's when I noticed the fricken tree strap still attached to the tree 20 feet up.

2. Member

3. Member
    It’s usually bow hangers for me........i hung a stand this year in a big 3 trunk maple, I hadn’t had a stand in this tree since 2001 and guess what was there......... one of my screw in hangers from back in the day..pretty well grown into the limb with all the rubber deteriorated but still in good enough shape to hang the bow on.
    2023 Ranger Z520R
    Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    Took down my gun hunting blind and was looking at the bare ground and said see you next year. Don't bow hunt that spot so won't see it until next November

5. Member
    I bow hunt late season,ours goes until Jan 15. I'm not out there every day I'm off,but still get a few more days in the woods.

6. Member
    Always been amazed how deer seasons and the rut differs from north to south. Our bow season came in mid Oct, gun season Nov 19, goes out around Feb 10. I hunt mostly here at the house but haven't even been yet and yall are already done. At my place you don't start seeing bucks until late Dec. They show up occasionally durring bow season, but once gun season comes in they go nocturnal. Just a bunch of does and little ones around right now.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rednecktech View Post
    Always been amazed how deer seasons and the rut differs from north to south. Our bow season came in mid Oct, gun season Nov 19, goes out around Feb 10. I hunt mostly here at the house but haven't even been yet and yall are already done. At my place you don't start seeing bucks until late Dec. They show up occasionally durring bow season, but once gun season comes in they go nocturnal. Just a bunch of does and little ones around right now.
    Northern fawns have a narrow window of being born to have a decent shot at survival so the breeding season needs to be short too. If they arrive too early, there might still be ice and mud on the ground. Arrive too late and they won't be strong enough to make it through winter.