Just got my flu shots at Walgreen.

2. Member
    Can't sell liquor outside of a liquor store here ... but I did get my shot @ Walgreen's.
    Based on the volume at the MDs office and the cold & flu aisle, it was a good choice.

3. Member
    Hope you got extras for later.
    Never know when a shortage will happen.

4. Member
    odds are about the same taking a shot of booze as taking the flu shot on whether you will get it or not.
    last flu shot was only 16% VE
    https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/...cine-efficacy/

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QUAKEnSHAKE View Post
    odds are about the same taking a shot of booze as taking the flu shot on whether you will get it or not.
    last flu shot was only 16% VE
    https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/...cine-efficacy/
    There are years when the strains covered in the vaccine don't match the prevalent circulation.
    However, there's a benefit to annual doses, you're actually likely to retain the ability to fight it.
    Everyone can choose. I've "enjoyed" the real, not the sniffles, influenza. Do not recommend.

6. Member

7. Member
    Had the flu once in my life, real flu. Not to be confused with a bad cold. Made me believe a flu shot every year is a good idea. Wouldn't wish that kind of sick on my worst enemy .
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

8. Member
    The real flu is no joke. I had a bad case of it 15 years ago and had pneumonia with it and almost died. I get the shot every year and won't risk skipping a year. If you say it's just a bad cold then you haven't had it.

9. Member
    Reminds me to stop in my local "drug" store to stock up.

11. Member
    This year's flu is lasting 3 to 5 weeks its nasty.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    The real flu is no joke. I had a bad case of it 15 years ago and had pneumonia with it and almost died. I get the shot every year and won't risk skipping a year. If you say it's just a bad cold then you haven't had it.

That is so true it can slam dunk you to the point your body is so weak it then leads to other problems like Pneumonia sure glad you got well.

I get the Flu Shot every year too have had good results so something on the internet that downplays it's effectiveness isn't going to convince me a Shot Booze is just as good.

13. Member
    Heard yesterday that this years vaccine is a good match for the flu.

Those are my kind of flu shots!!!!

15. Banned
    id actual take those flu shots

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunna View Post
    This year's flu is lasting 3 to 5 weeks its nasty.
    Can confirm... started before thanksgiving and still have some lingering symptoms. First time I have ever had it and was not a fan...
    Fish have fins, they swim

17. Member
    Good reminder, I need to get my real flu shot scheduled. To his point, I've only had the liquid version above.

18. Member
    I didn’t get my flu shot and have been sick now for 10 days still been able to work however it’s one of these respiratory flu combos that I came down with-and it’s been lingering —only thing I can take is DayQuil or NyQuil and vitamin C‘s just can’t seem to shake this thing:(

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    I didn’t get my flu shot and have been sick now for 10 days still been able to work however it’s one of these respiratory flu combos that I came down with-and it’s been lingering —only thing I can take is DayQuil or NyQuil and vitamin C‘s just can’t seem to shake this thing:(

Try some of this, it seems to 'suck it out' I used to take it @Work when/if I came in close contact w/folks w/bug(s). A guy who retired from San Quentin™ as a 'screw' and was then working at Juvenile Hall turned me onto them.

https://www.amazon.com/Source-Natura.../dp/B000GFSVI2

20. Member
    I’ve had the real flu also, 2 times. One time was the swine flu from a few years back. I don’t think I have every felt the same since I'm generally healthy. From then on I’ve been getting the flu shot. Can’t take a chance of getting that sick again.