Need HELP with Images.....What is causing this?

Hey everyone! I recently got my new boat in and set up all my Garmin electronics. After getting them installed an set-up, I went to the lake to test everything out, and on the left side of my side imaging photo's I was getting some "disturbance" from the bottom of my boat to the bottom of the lake. I got with Garmin, thinking that maybe this was just a bad transducer, so they sent me a replacement and it is doing the same thing. I still have that same "disturbance". I am running the Echomap Ultra 126 with the GT-36 Transducer. It is located on the back of my jackplate on the driver's side of the boat. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? My down imagine is clear.......

Graph 1.jpggraph 2.jpg

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Its interference from your jackplate. Post pictures so we can help but below is what i would say first without looking at your setup.

Your transducer looks to be to high....lower it (if you can) on the jackplate or buy a bracket that will allow your to lower it.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Here's pictures of the mount that i have (These pictures are from when i mounted the bracket originally on the jackplate) I was at the lake yesterday trying it out and constantly putting the boat on the trailer, making adjustments and then going back out to check everything and the pictures i posted are the last pics i took with that transducer mount bracket all the way down. I have lowered it all the way down to where the transducer was way below the jackplate, and the picture is the same on the units.....Is there something that i can do to the jackplate?
    transducer mount 4.jpgtransducer mount 1.jpgtransducer mount 3.jpg

To me the transducer location looks good. In the pics you have the motor tilted up. Have you tried trimming up some when you were on the water? The lower unit might be causing the interference. If you haven't tried trimming up, quick and easy test

5. Member
    Yes sir, I tried that yesterday as well. When I lower the motor all the way down and idle, it does show up on the graph. So I played with raising it up some and got it to go away. Should I just take the hole shot plate off the bottom of the jackplate?

6. Member
    Don’t remove the plate it won’t help. This may help you.
    https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1199796

7. Member
    What about transducer angle? I have mine pointed down in the rear a lot more than that & it works good.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    For my suggestion, do a test with it mounted in center of hole shot plate...only thing is make sure motor won't hit it when trimmed all the way down.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member
    It could just be me but looking at the 1st image it kind of looks like your transducer is not in line with your boat. I would put a straight edge on it and step back to ensure it's inline with the boat side to side.

10. Member
    I have the same problem, I have replaced the transducer and even swapped out the head unit with no results. I am wondering how far ahead the GT 56 transducer reads on side scan. Since it is mounted on the transom, and I have the step back style could they actually be reading the very bottom of the V where the drain plug is?

11. Member
    Just thought I would repost my post on the whole Garmin port side interference. One thing I learned is that aluminum is the main culprit.
    https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1191053

12. Member
    I went back to the thread mentioned above, and did what it said. I sanded the back of my boat under the step part of the transom, cleaned with Acetone, primed and sanded twice just to be sure. I then rubber coated what I had prepped, 3 coats. I got a chance to try it out Fri, my lines are still there. I trimmed the motor up until it was out of the water, still there. So I figured what the heck, I will just have to live with it like the RFI. I went to leave when I was done for the day, I was fishing in a no wake lake, just idling about 2000 and looked at my graph while on side image and it was clear as a bell, stopped in neutral, lines came back, put it in gear run up to 2000 RPM in forward gear, lines all gone. This stuff just defies logic.

13. Member
    Almost sounds like a very low rpm miss causing interference & quitting when you give it just a small amount of gas.

14. Member
    No, with the engine off it has the two lines, and they would represent the port side of the boat, crank the boat and put in gear and start idling forward and they go away. Like I said it is mind boggling.

15. Member
    Does the boat lean to port? Be worth setting a level across it to see if it's leaning more than what can be detected with the eye.

16. Member
    No. I leveled it all when I set the transducer, it's just one of the things you get used to but every time I see a new thread I have to try and fix it, LOL...

Did you try tilting the back of the transducer down as Les suggested?

18. Member
    Yes I have, several different angles, even as far as 45 deg just to see what it did. I'm figuring out a way to mount it right dead center by my drain plug and see what that does. Like I said, I have tried 3 different ducers and 2 different graphs, it's definitely something with the back of the boat. Idling along or up on plane it works perfect, just when sitting and fishing with the trolling motor is when you see the two lines.

19. Member
    Here are 3 photos that show what happens. First is sitting still, second just started moving, and third is when the lines are going away. As I said before, sitting still with the motor tilted up or down makes no difference at all, the lines start disappearing when you put it in gear and start moving and this at about 1500 RPMs, it's a no wake lake. Sorry for the horrible pictures, I forget about the glare but I tried to crop out the irrelevant, but you can see the 2 lines, and they would be the port side.

20230224_141457 1.jpg20230224_141557 1.jpg20230224_1416041.jpg