Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tampa police chief

No time for people like this who's only response when caught is the usual scripted boilerplate nonsense. Yeah it's a relatively minor offense but she should be sent packing. For Chrissakes you're in that position and it never occurred to you that it was entirely the wrong thing to do ?

https://www.tampabay.com/news/tampa/...-traffic-stop/
    Ranting incoherently

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Cameras are everywhere.

3. Member
    She's wrong. Of course, all the men doing it are wrong as well, but very rarely turned in for it.
    It's obviously a "hit job" in respect to the informational release. But she's still wrong, not good.
    In Tampa, the odds are good she will lose her job over it. It's severe, but she opened the box.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Standard procedure among law enforcement officers, including those that are retired. Considered to be common courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    She's wrong. Of course, all the men doing it are wrong as well, but very rarely turned in for it.
    It's obviously a "hit job" in respect to the informational release. But she's still wrong, not good.
    In Tampa, the odds are good she will lose her job over it. It's severe, but she opened the box.
    How's it a hit job ? Public official drawing salary via taxpayers, pretty cut & dry. If it was an evil middle aged white guy I would say the same. Zero tolerance.
    Ranting incoherently

6. Member
    It is the sign of the times. Everyone thinks they are above the law, or at least above some of the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Standard procedure among law enforcement officers, including those that are retired. Considered to be common courtesy.
    Would be infinitely better for all involved to "man up" and take the heat. Instant respect. Set an example, don't be a weasel about it. Not too much to ask from someone in that position
    Ranting incoherently

8. Banned
    Happens way more than people realize. Who wouldn't someone try to get out of a ticket? You don't think nearly every single officer, firefighter, official or even someone that knows someone in a higher power wouldn't try? Just being made a bigger deal because of her position.
    It's a golf cart not the crime of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    It's a golf cart not the crime of the century.
    Exactly my point. Take the heat for it, acknowledge your mistake and eliminate any perception of abusing your position.
    Ranting incoherently

10. Member
    it was a minor traffic offense and it's typical for police to give courtesy to other police officers. I don't see what the big deal is all about. My father always shows his badge when he got pulled over, not to get out of a ticket but to let the officer know he's also a cop and that's why he has a sidearm on him as well. It was for everyone's safety. Losing your job because you showed your ID seems a bit harsh.

11. Member
    I'm not up for that "I'm above the rules" crap. Cops show there badge to get out of the jam. Not for anyone's safety. Raise the BS flag.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

12. Member
    Da um you need a license plate on a golf cart?

13. Member
    She's offered to pay the fine if they wish to issue a citation. This story is way overblown. Cops give breaks/verbal warnings to folks from all walks of life; not just other cops. Far more traffic stops result in warnings than tickets. One major point of a traffic stop is to curb the potentially unsafe driving conduct. If that can be done with a warning, then so be it. If a ticket is (at the officers discretion) the best way to correct the behavior/violation, then it is what it is.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    She's offered to pay the fine if they wish to issue a citation. This story is way overblown. Cops give breaks/verbal warnings to folks from all walks of life; not just other cops. Far more traffic stops result in warnings than tickets. One major point of a traffic stop is to curb the potentially unsafe driving conduct. If that can be done with a warning, then so be it. If a ticket is (at the officers discretion) the best way to correct the behavior/violation, then it is what it is.

100%. This story is not even close to a big deal. There’s no way this cop would give anyone a ticket for Not having an LP on a golf cart.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

This is petty. She is being targeted for sure. I feel bad for her. She didn't do anything wrong imo.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Da um you need a license plate on a golf cart?
    Yes, and “street legal” carts cost more, a lot more! We’ve been looking for a couple of years and about the best we have found is 11K by time you have tags. Then add another 50.00 a month for insurance, at least that’s what we were quoted. Florida has a lot of “cart friendly neighborhoods” like the one where we have a condo where you don’t need tags. A used cart for one of those is about 5500.00.

This was the norm of cops taking care of cops. She sits a terrible example with trust of the government at all time lows.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    100%. This story is not even close to a big deal. There’s no way this cop would give anyone a ticket for Not having an LP on a golf cart.
    The cops have shut down carts without tags in my TN neighborhood. Too many teens acting like little brats on them and the cops shut em down. My late 70’s neighbor had to tag his little Polaris Mule he rides around.

18. Member
    Probably completely disagree with most but that's what makes the world go around.
    Who the heck would care?
    These are the people who put their lives on the line each and every day while carrying a bullseye on their backs. This occupation is losing workers each day as this used to be the most respected group of workers in our country.
    Not anymore. Due to the media, pro athletes, politicians,etc.
    Give them a break.

I get the whole professional courtesy angle BUT she should have looked at the bigger picture and realized that "flashing the badge" for something that likely would have resulted in a warning was a bit overkill.
    Ranting incoherently

20. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    I was with my dumb azz ex brother in law going hunting one time. He was going like 80mph in a 25mph construction zone. At the time he was a sheriff deputy. There was no workers present but a state trooper pulled us over. He had his Badge and ID ready. The guy looked at it and said where you going. He said to go hunting we were trying to make it for this afternoon. The trooper gave it back to him and said I better see some backstraps in the cooler when yall come back thru. I was thinking dang I'd be in jail propbably.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast