Recommend & opinion on which rod for my kids

Anyone have a preference or recommendation on these rods for my kids? Just trying to get them something decent. Thanks!

2. Member
    It depends on how old they are and whether they are going to take care of a quality rod. Personally, I would choose one of the Daiwa rods.

3. Member
    How old are your kids? When my kids were young I got them a decent reel, to help avoid issues that would cause them frustration and put them on ugly stick rods that were decent and almost unbreakable. As they got older they moved into better gear but still keep using their ugly sticks for a long time.

4. Member
    Agree with pabasshawk about a decent reel and an ugly stick for a rod. My kids didn't care about the tackle and most frustrations occurred when casting and with "line management".

5. Member
    Nothing will turn kids off fishing more than crap equipment that they constantly have to mess with. They want to do it themselves and not have someone keep fixing it for them.

I would say ugly stick also but the rod no so much as a good real. Don’t get a cheap one as they will never be able to cast it. I even see adults messing around and try to cast those dang push buttons.

7. Member
    When they’re really young, get them “kid’s” kits. When they get older, give them your hand me downs. If they get serious, get them their own “adult” equipment.

8. Member
    I think the Daiwa Aird-X rods are the best rod you can buy for less than 50 bucks. I bought some as boat rods for people I take out with me and ended up really liking them. My GF has adopted all of them, she absolutely loves them. We've caught a ton of really nice fish on them.