Nitro 640 lx water splashing on back deck

Just wanted some opinions. I have a 97 Notro 640 LX 90 HP Tracker Motor. Boat runs great but when I知 coming off pad water splashes upon the back carpet and sometimes fills the splash-well. Makes me nervous. Is this normal? Boat also has Jack plate could this we値l be causing it and would motor height make a difference

2. Member
    My 2004 882 nx did the same thing. Pretty common and just learned to control the splash by slowly coming off plane and bumping the engine forward a couple of times to allow the following wave to die off before hitting the stern area.
    ~ Dave
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS
    HDS Live 12 B&C/Ghost/AT

3. Member
    I had a Procraft that did same thing. Solution, Just what DavL said. Before you know it, you'll do it automatically. Heck, I still do it in my Z20, from time to time.

Trim all down as your slowing, keep a little bit extra rpm till its over

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavL View Post
    My 2004 882 nx did the same thing. Pretty common and just learned to control the splash by slowly coming off plane and bumping the engine forward a couple of times to allow the following wave to die off before hitting the stern area.
    That is the same thing that I had to do with my Champion. It didn’t have a splash well.

6. Member
    Happens with many bass boats. As you come of pad just give it a little throttle to out run backwash wave.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

7. Member
    My 2001 640LX does the same, no jackplate. I just try to come off plane slowly as I’m not good at bumping the throttle. I just bilge it out after a couple min of settling.