Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    It worked out great. The brackets can be easily removed so trailer can be used for other things.

I have a Utility Trailer that I mounted qty of 2, 4" x 4" across with "L" brackets that can be removed to make use of the trailer. Also have a truck tool box in the front to store the paddles, life jackets, anchors, ....

I installed a couple Lag Bolts and wrap them with tape. One lag bolt per kayak that when loading the yaks, a lag bolt will fit through a scupper hole and hold the yak in place. then secure the yak with ratchet straps with transporting.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    Nice trailer! I load mine into the back of my truck. It's kind of a pain since it is pretty heavy, but I actually enjoy not having to tow around a trailer. Give me another 5-10 years and I might change my tune though.
    Sorry, responded to wrong post... coffee hasn't kicked in yet lol....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I’ve had several trailers over the years but my favorite is the custom On The Water Innovations trailer that I have now! I had it set up with a couple of Fulton winches up front that I hook to the bow of my Hobie Pro Anglers and just crank them up onto the trailer. Launching is as easy as unhooking and pushing them off the bunks with a bow rope attached and guiding them to the bank or dock! Definitely takes the strain off my back!
    I've been looking at those trailers, they are definitely the Cadillac of the kayak trailer industry. They are expensive and with options even pricier...but hard to put a price on the wear/tear on your body launching something heavy. Besides the Fulton winches, what other add-on features are necessary in your opinion?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Like I mentioned before, I have nothing against kayaks except for the comfort factor … I’m not overweight, don’t smoke etc and am in good health so the paddling part was never an issue for me. What was annoying was not being able to easily stretch out/stand at will, take a wizz, access to tackle and other rods etc. ...................................... Tight lines
    When I fished out of my canoe taking a wizz was a MAJOR accomplishment. I was about 35 years younger, and my hose was longer and the flow was stronger. I accomplished the feat by holding onto a bridge. Nowadays I'd just fall out. They say most drowned fishermen are found with their fly down.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    When I fished out of my canoe taking a wizz was a MAJOR accomplishment. I was about 35 years younger, and my hose was longer and the flow was stronger. I accomplished the feat by holding onto a bridge. Nowadays I'd just fall out. They say most drowned fishermen are found with their fly down.
    Doesn’t help with the flow pressure, but definitely gives the added hose length of our youth anyway. I can usually sit and do the job pretty discreetly on the water without accidentally wanging the locals…
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FryDog62; 02-18-2023 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    They say most drowned fishermen are found with their fly down.
    I heard it was 85%+

Transmission funnel works well for us old guys too.
    2019 RT 198P
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
    I’m still lifting mine on top of the roof of the car. It’s a pain.
    Me too!
    PA14 on top of lifted Jeep for road trips. In the bed for local.
    “how’d you get the Harley up on the high dive?”

9A941DB8-8F33-4243-9AE6-F6FB2CE22831.jpeg
    C06B3848-167C-4D12-AD8C-7B596F61E812.jpeg
    2019 Ranger rt188c
    115 pro xs ct
    Ulterra 24v ipilot link
    bird helix 9 gen2 mega console
    bird helix 10 gen3 mega bow
    spyderlok r100 rod holders
    spyderlok r300 transport

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjeepjk View Post
    Me too!
    PA14 on top of lifted Jeep for road trips. In the bed for local.
    “how’d you get the Harley up on the high dive?”
    Let me know how your back is when you hit 65? (Although I won't be around to hear!)
    2019 RT 198P
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    Let me know how your back is when you hit 65? (Although I won't be around to hear!)

i know Bob! 56 now and so many things just not as easy as they used to be. Re-tying after a break off with light line may be the worst with lifting and balance a close 2nd. I’m hoping to shed some lbs and by age 62 be in a much smaller/lighter kayak. But I’ve already been saying that for the last 10 years. Haha.
    2019 Ranger rt188c
    115 pro xs ct
    Ulterra 24v ipilot link
    bird helix 9 gen2 mega console
    bird helix 10 gen3 mega bow
    spyderlok r100 rod holders
    spyderlok r300 transport

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12