Sport Exhaust Mode

3B098123
    2021 300r

I need some clarification on this. My Merc dealer / shop swears up and down that I have the ability to enable or disable sport exhaust mode on my 300r though my vessel view that is hooked into my simrad but I have never found such a thing. Is this possible to be able to switch the sport exhaust mode on and off on the 300r? And if so how?
    I know it sounds ridiculous but some of the areas I fish and how I fish It would benefit me.
    Thanks

2. Member
    I call BS on your dealers knowledge. I’ve got a 300R and vessel view and there is no “switch” for that. The Verado motors have that option.

3. Member
    That was my thought. He told me there is a setting that needs to be turned on that will add an icon to the left side of my screen that will give me the ability to which between modes. To go head and make mention, the dealer is 2 1/2 hours away from me other wise I’d just take it to him and have him do it. I know the Verados have this option which made me think that they would probably have it for the R’s as well.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    I call BS on your dealers knowledge. I’ve got a 300R and vessel view and there is no “switch” for that. The Verado motors have that option.
    Same here

5. Member
    Please disregard this post, after some side by side research of the diagrams I have found out that the 300r does not have the equipment for the exhaust, however the 300r AMS does have this feature. Thank you all anyway

Quote Originally Posted by zyphyon View Post
    Please disregard this post, after some side by side research of the diagrams I have found out that the 300r does not have the equipment for the exhaust, however the 300r AMS does have this feature. Thank you all anyway
    It can be added during production. Then it will be on the programming. It has to be done during production as of my understanding. Not available on 250R but on 300R
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

7. Member
    I think this is the final word on the 300R. SWITCHABLE EXHAUST
    • Advanced Sound Control (Racing AMS models with optional VesselView) toggles a dual muffler system between an ultra-quiet mode and a deep sport tone with a stirring growl on start-up.

It MUST be the AMS with Vessel View.
    NOTE: I looked all over the page and saw no copyright warning against reproducing this sentence from a open source on a Mercury page.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    I think this is the final word on the 300R. SWITCHABLE EXHAUST
    • Advanced Sound Control (Racing AMS models with optional VesselView) toggles a dual muffler system between an ultra-quiet mode and a deep sport tone with a stirring growl on start-up.

It MUST be the AMS with Vessel View.
    NOTE: I looked all over the page and saw no copyright warning against reproducing this sentence from a open source on a Mercury page.
    ^^^^^^^ Correct.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. BBC SPONSOR
    CMS 300R run in "Sport Mode" all the time, No ability to change it unless you have the AMS version. If you turn off sport mode on the AMS engine it will muffle the sound more.

I personally leave my 450 in Sport Mode all the time, but I prefer the growl. The sound difference is minimal IMO.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gehol View Post
    If you can access material on the Internet, such as a copyrighted Mercury Owner's manual, by entering a serial number, you can quote and post that same information freely without any worry of copyright infringement. You have nothing to gain from posting material freely available to anyone who has a device connected to the Internet; Unless you claim such material to be your own, which nobody does here. Copyright laws protect owners of published materials from having their work stolen for others to profit from or be given away for free at a loss of profit for the owner. A publicly posted owner's manual, that is copyrighted (they all are) can be quoted online, linked to and talked about - that's why they post them online for the people who purchased their product.

A service manual is a much different story as that is not an item that is included in the purchase of a product, it is a product in itself and posting a full copy or large parts thereof, would likely violate copyright laws, as you have to pay for a copy of said manual. Not true in the case of a readily available Owner's Manual that can be accessed by anyone in the entire world on a company's website with said company's permission. No damage, no standing for a lawsuit.
    There

I am not an attorney nor do I offer legal advice. Just keeping it real for folks quoting "copyrighted" material that is freely available to anyone with an Internet connection here in the 21st Century. There is absolutely no reason to ban or delete content that is:

1) Freely available to anyone

2) Not posted for any monetary gain

3) Not causing a loss of income to any party protected by such copyright.

As I have found in other discussions here, service techs don't necessarily know the exact language in our owner's manuals and rely more on the information they get from Mercury - which is good! - but sometimes conflicts with our owner's manuals. Not being able to quote information leads to confusion. I'd be happy avoiding confusion, posting what my manual says and getting a straight answer from a professional; which is why we are all here.
    2015 Tracker Targa V18 150 4-Stroke 2B142247 9.9 EFI Pro Kicker 1R159535
    2001 MasterCraft Maristar 210 V-Drive, LTR 330 HP

11. Member
    I am not sure what the point of your sermon was but, Don is the final arbiter of what can and can not be posted on the Mercury forums. Don (rightfully so) is somewhat sensitive about posting material from sources that could be protected. Since Don had no way of knowing where I got the copy and paste from, I attempted to let him know I had used due diligence to make sure I was in compliance with FORUM rules. It appears he was satisfied since my post was not removed. The legality of the post was of no concern to me in this particular situation since I was posting on a private website.

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with making a QUOTE from an owner's manual (assuming that's it's reasonable use, such as a sentence or perhaps up to a paragraph).

Posting copies of pages or copyrighted documents, on a website that is also copyrighted, is not permitted, however. There are a NUMBER of charts and helpful sales sheets that I would love to share here, but without the express permission of Brunswick Corporation, doing so is a violation of their intellectual property rights (and I can tell you they're definitely a company that proactively and aggressively guards their intellectual property).

Not sure why JSI felt the need to interject all of that here, though. If's covered in the Forum Announcements.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Not sure why JSI felt the need to interject all of that here, though. If's covered in the Forum Announcements.
    There is not a single word in the forum announcements regarding posting of copyrighted material. https://www.bbcboards.net/announcement.php?f=203

Why I interjected? Because I have tried to help people by posting information contained in their owner's manual [serial number lookup] to have that information deleted, based on forum rules that don't exist (other than "Moderator's decisions are FINAL")

Trust me, I love this forum. And, I appreciate you, Don, for the information you provide. You are an incredibly valuable resource. I just have to kick back a little bit to keep it level.

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Thank you for pointing that out, John. The Announcements in all of the forums have been updated accordingly (though we shouldn't have to post that here, some folks simply aren't aware of copyrights and the potential cost of infringements).

For future use, let's keep posts to the original poster's engine/topic (which WAS covered in the Forum Announcements). Thanks!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    For future use, let's keep posts to the original poster's engine/topic (which WAS covered in the Forum Announcements). Thanks!
    Posts sometimes go in squirrelly directions, but yeah, all good and all for the best info possible for forum members, always.