Mercury Product Protection Platinum Coverage question for Don

Merc 115 serial # 3B156607 I purchased this engine in Feb. 2022. I received by mail an offer for Platinum coverage for up to 5 years with prices. My question is how long are these prices valid ? I don't want to send them money till a few months before my 3 year warranty is about to expire.

2. Member
    The sooner you get it,the better the price you will get for it. The longer you wait towards the end of your warranty,the more it will cost. It doesn't go into effect until after warranty goes out.

Also, get with Don and your selling dealer. You will probably get a better price.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

You will get a way better price from Don then from the factory.

5. Member
    Thanks for the info, just didn't want the money sitting in their bank account for three years instead of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown angler View Post
    Merc 115 serial # 3B156607 I purchased this engine in Feb. 2022. I received by mail an offer for Platinum coverage for up to 5 years with prices. My question is how long are these prices valid ? I don't want to send them money till a few months before my 3 year warranty is about to expire.
    Waiting that long WILL result in an increase in the cost of the plan. Every so many months, they add a surcharge. It is better to get it sooner rather than later. I think the first surcharge is around the 9 month mark form DOS. If you are getting it, DO NOT wait until the end. Like I wrote earlier, get with Don!!!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    As suggested above, it becomes progressively more expensive as time goes on. Both in terms of registration date anniversary, and overall coverage price increases.

Drop me an email and I'll be glad to provide you with a written quote for Platinum Product Protection (including special BBC member pricing).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Sent email

Which email did you use?
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

10. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    If you click on “EuropeanAM” above and hold down, Larry, a pop up will appear with an option to send an email.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Sweet . Thanks . I emailed from the site the other day and got a message that said forwarded to Don but haven’t heard back

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    If you click on “EuropeanAM” above and hold down, Larry, a pop up will appear with an option to send an email.
    For some reason this function (though there) does not work for me. I've tried multiple email addresses and each one returns the same results (nothing).

I'll PM the email address to the Original Poster (prefer not to post for all the spam bots to enjoy).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thanks. Email sent

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    For some reason this function (though there) does not work for me. I've tried multiple email addresses and each one returns the same results (nothing).

I'll PM the email address to the Original Poster (prefer not to post for all the spam bots to enjoy).
    I get 5 choices when clicking on your blue text username.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

16. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    I get 5 choices when clicking on your blue text username.
    That's not the problem. Problem is when you click email and send one--- it never arrives.