V-20 info / insight

Exploring the thought of purchasing a 2018 V-20.

Coming from a champion so finding parts availability doesn’t concern me much.
    I have searched for issues with the V-20’s and keep seeing things about front deck sag.
    Exactly how common was this issue on these models?

Not something I would care to get into if it’s going to have issues such as this down the road, as I fish on average of 20hrs a week. Also keep reading that the V series are the models that killed the brand. Can anyone shed some light on that?

Thanks!

2. Member
    Johnny Morris killed the brand. Not the V20. Several friends bought the v 20 new. Fuel gauge issues were common. Deck sag at big rear compartment cover. Alpha series ride better.

3. Member
    2018 has a reinforcement under the front deck at the pedestal base running from port to starboard. It shouldn't have the sagging issues that some of the earlier years had.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbless View Post
    2018 has a reinforcement under the front deck at the pedestal base running from port to starboard. It shouldn't have the sagging issues that some of the earlier years had.
    "THIS" I have a 2018 (4 1/2 yrs.) and have had zero issues. I wouldn't trade mine for any brand name boat on the market now. Private message me if you want any more info.

5. Member
    Thanks for the reply's everyone. Much appreciated.

6. Member
    I have a 2017 V20 and I haven’t had any issues with the boat!! I absolutely love it and wouldn’t trade it for anything. It’s garage kept and I take very good care of it. I keep it washed and waxed while it’s stored. PM me if you need anymore info. ��������
    2017 Legend V20

7. Member
    Looked at the boat this evening, for sure a very nice boat and relatively low hours (168). It does seem to have a little sag on the front deck though. It's a small area just in front of the center storage to just behind the trolling motor tray. I put a straightedge on it and it looks to sag about a 1/16th of an inch. The owner seemed aware that it was a known issue on the boats, but was convinced that its just the carpet depressed from him standing in that specific area. Maybe i am reading too far into it, but i am not sure that's an issue I want to live with / deal with repairing. Other than that it was fantastic.
    Last edited by Cweldon94; 12-11-2022 at 09:50 PM.

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cweldon94 View Post
    Looked at the boat this evening, for sure a very nice boat and relatively low hours (168). It does seem to have a little sag on the front deck though. It's a small area just in front of the center storage to just behind the trolling motor tray. I put a straightedge on it and it looks to sag about a 1/16th of an inch. The owner seemed aware that it was a known issue on the boats, but was convinced that its just the carpet depressed from him standing in that specific area. Maybe i am reading too far into it, but i am not sure that's an issue I want to live with / deal with repairing. Other than that it was fantastic.
    You could visit with Randy Qualls at QC Fiberglass in Streetman, TX. He owned Legend prior to Johnny Morris and could probably advise you on the boat and even possibly repair it, if it has the issue.

9. Member
    I've got a 2018 v20 for sale right now with 16 hours. I pm'd you.