Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Update: Given how low the tank was, yesterday afternoon I lowered the hot water tank and last night we shut off the furnace so we wouldn't run out. It was 61* in the house this morning. Luckily, it's sunny so the house is slowly warming up.

At 8:00 am this morning I did an internet search for the local Amerigas office where the propane delivery was coming from. I called them to verify that my delivery would come today. Instead, the number was just another number that connected me to their customer service office in B.F.E. Murphy was my customer service person and she confirmed that my delivery would come TOMORROW! NO good! I told her that it must be this morning! She put me on hold and when she came back she told me that my delivery had been expedited for today.

After hanging up from her, I called the Coop outfit that's about an hour south of me, where I bought my tank. They wanted $2.89 a gallon, plus a fee for an inspection, as it's state law that anytime a tank is less than 5% it must be inspected before filling up. Plus, they wanted a another fee for same day delivery. My wife said that was ridiculous, so we didn't go with them. Instead, we called a local propane company. they wanted $2.39 a gallon, but would drop it to $2.34 if we paid by cash or check instead of credit. Plus, they would do a free inspection and there was no fee for same day delivery. Obviously, we went with them.

I called Amerigas back and cancelled my order. Jerome told me that my was delivery was scheduled for tomorrow...so much for expediting my delivery for today!

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Amerigas truck show up tomorrow. And, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to charge me the $100 fee for inspecting my appliances, which they previously waived, since I cancelled my order. Their "come on" low price offer on a 1st fill-up would border on fraud, if it wasn't for their outrageous incompetence...and incompetence isn't criminal.

Try to save a few bucks and get screwed!
    Last edited by Jeff Hahn; 12-05-2022 at 11:14 AM.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Member
    Might be worth a complaint to the BBB and to the AG's office, sounds like false advertisement to me. Glad you were able to find someone that hopefully is competent and local to get you some gas.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Update: Given how low the tank was, yesterday afternoon I lowered the hot water tank and last night we shut off the furnace so we wouldn't run out. It was 61* in the house this morning. Luckily, it's sunny so the house is slowly warming up.

At 8:00 am this morning I did an internet search for the local Amerigas office where the propane delivery was coming from. I called them to verify that my delivery would come today. Instead, the number was just another number that connected me to their customer service office in B.F.E. Murphy was my customer service person and she confirmed that my delivery would come TOMORROW! NO good! I told her that it must be this morning! She put me on hold and when she came back she told me that my delivery had been expedited for today.

After hanging up from her, I called the Coop outfit that's about an hour south of me, where I bought my tank. They wanted $2.89 a gallon, plus a fee for an inspection, as it's state law that anytime a tank is less than 5% it must be inspected before filling up. Plus, they wanted a another fee for same day delivery. My wife said that was ridiculous, so we didn't go with them. Instead, we called a local propane company. they wanted $2.39 a gallon, but would drop it to $2.34 if we paid by cash or check instead of credit. Plus, they would do a free inspection and there was no fee for same day delivery. Obviously, we went with them.

I called Amerigas back and cancelled my order. Jerome told me that my was delivery was scheduled for tomorrow...so much for expediting my delivery for today!

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Amerigas truck show up tomorrow. And, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to charge me the $100 fee for inspecting my appliances, which they previously waived, since I cancelled my order. Their "come on" low price offer on a 1st fill-up would border on fraud, if it wasn't for their outrageous incompetence...and incompetence isn't criminal.

Try to save a few bucks and get screwed!
    Jeff, if you run out the line that connects the primary regulator to your big tank outlet valve will hook directly to a 100lb cylinder, Just saying!! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

Update: The local propane company just filled us up! It took 380 gallons...had 20 gallons left. We could have left the furnace on last night! One thing for sure, the local company gained a new customer.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Might be worth a complaint to the BBB and to the AG's office, sounds like false advertisement to me. Glad you were able to find someone that hopefully is competent and local to get you some gas.
    There's atleast 63 pages of complaints on the BBB website.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsFan View Post
    There's atleast 63 pages of complaints on the BBB website.
    So with 63 pages of complaints has the BBB done any kind of investigation or issued any kind of statement? Not sure what powers they actually have other than allowing complaints to be seen. I just know that from my past dealings with Amerigas that I will NEVER do ANY business with them again !

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishshooter View Post
    So with 63 pages of complaints has the BBB done any kind of investigation or issued any kind of statement? Not sure what powers they actually have other than allowing complaints to be seen. I just know that from my past dealings with Amerigas that I will NEVER do ANY business with them again !
    Buyer beware.

I've never used them but from what I've read, the BBB is basically useless. The only leverage they have is the threat of a bad review. It's not like they're an agency with any kind of authority.
    Ranting incoherently

9. Member
    A company that belongs to BBB is required to answer the complaint. Complaints to the AG may end up costing them legal representation.

https://www.bbb.org/process-of-compl...ews/complaints

Above is a link for what happens to BBB complaints.

Cause the company as much grief as they have you. Give the company that satisfied you a good Google review.

10. Member
    Amerigas sent me a bill for $136.00 to pick up their tank after I changed gas providers because of there poor service. I've been paying $100.00 a year rental on that tank for 12 years, it was installed by previous owner.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123