Thread: Caracal height

Caracal height

Hello Bass Cat family. I have an odd question, but would like some piece of mind. I ordered a Caracal back in the beginning of August and it should be delivered in February. I recently sold my 2018 PII with a 2-stroke 200 Pro XS. Here's my question, I know the Caracal sits higher on the trailer and has more deadrise than the PII. I believe the V8 Mercs sit taller as well. I have lower then normal garage entry height so I am hoping someone can measure their Caracal motor height when trimmed down. I ordered my Caracal with a 225 Pro XS and a standard slide master jack plate. Standard stalker wheels as well. I want to make sure I can fit it under the garage opening.
    Brad Krone

2. Member
    That Pro XS is I believe 78” tall if that helps. With a fixed jackplate you can raise the tongue jack until the skeg is close to the ground.

3. Member
    When my garage door is open, the bottom of the garage door is about 79 inches off the ground. It's close but I'm able to back it in. I have the same setup as you. How tall is your opening?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thompson View Post
    When my garage door is open, the bottom of the garage door is about 79 inches off the ground. It's close but I'm able to back it in. I have the same setup as you. How tall is your opening?
    Great info and news... Thanks... I have 81 inches at the opening.
    Brad Krone

5. Member
    I just got my 23 Caracal. My garage opening is only 6’8” and I can get it to fit

Lots of other factors to consider... If everyones driveway was perfectly level and such... My caracal cleared a 7' door with only about 3" and that was with the two stroke.. but my driveway was dipped before the entrance to prevent water entry. So your truck wheels would go down and the boat would go up. Dang pro xs cowl actually snatched the release handle on the garage door motor once and dropped my door down like a guillotine! Lucky there was no damage.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"