Thread: Slanted arches

Slanted arches

If my arches (or lack of arches) on 2d are slanted down to the right, I assume ducer needs to be adjusted side to side? Which way?

2. Member
    The picture will help
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    if constantly you are having slanted arches in the same direction then you possibly have to level your transducer. BUT in many cases slanted arches are just fish that are on the edge of the cone angle. If they are all angled the same way all the fish could just be on one side of the boat and not under you or on the other side. This screen shot is an example. 95% of the arches are slanted and one way with a few and the large bait ball slanted the opposite. Very few fish in this screen shot were directly fully in the cone angle. The transducer is also a very expensive Airmar with self leveling capabilities and just a few hundred feet down the lake I was once
    again getting perfect arches.
    Hope that helps...Ryan 318137702_1162972754324140_3681750056116459801_n.jpg

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt18 View Post
    The picture will help
    thanks.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyTek Marine View Post
    if constantly you are having slanted arches in the same direction then you possibly have to level your transducer. BUT in many cases slanted arches are just fish that are on the edge of the cone angle. If they are all angled the same way all the fish could just be on one side of the boat and not under you or on the other side. This screen shot is an example. 95% of the arches are slanted and one way with a few and the large bait ball slanted the opposite. Very few fish in this screen shot were directly fully in the cone angle. The transducer is also a very expensive Airmar with self leveling capabilities and just a few hundred feet down the lake I was once
    again getting perfect arches.
    Hope that helps...Ryan 318137702_1162972754324140_3681750056116459801_n.jpg
    appreciate it