Live 12 and Active Target

I ordered a 12 Live to use with Active Target; I have been using a Carbon 12 for Active Target. I needed to down load the Active Target update for the Carbon. Will I need to do the same for the new Live unit?

In addition, can I continue to use the LSS2 with the Live unit for side and down scan?

Thanks Ray

2. Member
    Yes, the LSS2 is fine with the Live unit. There are upgrades out there but it works fine.

If your unit needs a firmware update or not depends on the actual Live unit itself. I think that no matter if you bought it new last week or New 2 years ago that you WOULD need to update the software. Nobody can answer that, you need to see what you have and what is the latest firmware.

3. Member
    Huge different between the LSS2 and the AI 3-1 transducer.
    I first powered up and fished with the LSS2 and then changed to the AI 3-1. Didn't feel like the trouble to pull the new Xdcr cables in.
    You can find one for $100 - $150 dollars - its worth it.

4. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2day View Post
    Huge different between the LSS2 and the AI 3-1 transducer.
    I first powered up and fished with the LSS2 and then changed to the AI 3-1. Didn't feel like the trouble to pull the new Xdcr cables in.
    You can find one for $100 - $150 dollars - its worth it.
    Noticed this when I upgraded to a Carbon at the console. Now I want one to replace my Gen 3 up front cuzz the images are so much better. The Gen 3 just has the skimmer HDI but the 3-in-1 is so much crisper.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. Member
    I had carbons with the 3-1 transducers. My skeeter came with birds and I can’t say I noticed a huge difference from the 3-1 to the mega on the birds. The 3-1 is much better than the lss2 and was as good as my 3d I had on the back of the boat.