12/3 report I think it’s over till spring

Soooo made it to Viking about 9am. There’s some skim ice on the south end of the lake but the rest is open. Water temp 36* fished the deep rocks and the steep Creek channels. Jig and jerkbaits… saw a few fish on the grafts and AT but no bites today. Thinking this was my last time out till spring probably…. Dreaming about going to the ozarks after Christmas, but we will see.

2. Member
    Do the LOZ trip! I use to go every year but haven’t got the last couple. Definitely missing it

3. Member
    I really need to!! My in-law’s have a condo and an open boat slip… So free places to stay and I know the lake pretty gold from going down there for the last 19yr…. Does anyone know of a good 10pl tire for a 14” wheel?? That’s what my nitro z18 has, that’s what I worry about taking it down there. It still has the factory tires on it, I don’t think they would like 70/75mph speed lol.

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Not over yet! Went out 7 December and we did pretty good. Water was 37/38 and all on jerks. There was some ice on the water but thin
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Not over yet! Went out 7 December and we did pretty good. Water was 37/38 and all on jerks. There was some ice on the water but thin
    that great!! Was it an Iowa lake? I’ve got a gymnastics tournaments Saturday for my daughter, so will be busy at that all day, but thinking about Sunday??? Maybe I’ll check things out. Or I need to cut firewood too.

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    No, Neb lake. Sunday weather looks good so I am going back out
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP