Thread: Roll Tide

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionskeeter View Post
    Bama is in
    The Citrus Bowl?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Runsome View Post
    I don’t see how the Committee possibly picks Alabama over TCU. Alabama has 2 losses and didn’t even qualify for the conf championship. TCU is 12-1 and the only loss came in a conf championship game to #10 KSU, in OT. So if Georgia and Michigan both win, I’d be shocked if it isn’t Georgia, Michigan, TCU, tOSU.
    Yep and TCU lost in overtime to the 10th ranked team. That is not enough to put a 2 loss team in over them. Not going to happen.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    Very easy for the Committee this year……

Ga
    Mich
    TCU
    OSU

Actually Tenn would be next, not Bama.
    Is Michigan a lock tonight? Haven’t seen Purdue play.

4. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Runsome View Post
    I don’t see how the Committee possibly picks Alabama over TCU. Alabama has 2 losses and didn’t even qualify for the conf championship. TCU is 12-1 and the only loss came in a conf championship game to #10 KSU, in OT. So if Georgia and Michigan both win, I’d be shocked if it isn’t Georgia, Michigan, TCU, tOSU.
    your conference championship requirement thing can be a double edged sword... sometimes conferences can hurt themselves with the east/west thing etc... Example today is Michigan v Purdue,, no way they belong in that game with OSU and Penn State having better overall conference records... I get the need for scheduling etc. but they dilute their conference using the format.. SEC is in the same boat.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Is Michigan a lock tonight? Haven’t seen Purdue play.
    I think Georgia and Michigan were locks coming in to today.

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    your conference championship requirement thing can be a double edged sword... sometimes conferences can hurt themselves with the east/west thing etc... Example today is Michigan v Purdue,, no way they belong in that game with OSU and Penn State having better overall conference records... I get the need for scheduling etc. but they dilute their conference using the format.. SEC is in the same boat.
    Totally agree! There’s a fair argument to be made that if conference championship games even continue at all, that the CFP selections should be made before those games are played. And then adjust only in case of an absolute blowout like USC last night. I don’t know what will happen when they go to a 12-game playoff though.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ardenbass View Post
    It should be based on what happened on the field. Both have the same record but UT Bama. If it was any other sport that mattered UT would be in over the team they beat. However I'm not sure the committee doesn't take TCU.
    Not sure but the committee may consider that Bama lost 2 games by a total of 4 points.

Tennessee got worked over pretty good by South Carolina.

LSU who beat Alabama by 1 point on an OT 2 point conversation then got beat bad by a 4-7 Texas A&M team.

I agree that Alabama has under performed this year with way more penalties, ( can I say lack of discipline ) and lack of consistency than recent Saban coached teams. Without Bryce Young at QB and Will Anderson at LB Bama would have more than 2 losses.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

8. Member

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    The Citrus Bowl?
    There is only one team that can beat Georgia and thats Alabama

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    That is Big Al the Mascot without the elephant costume
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

Ga
    Mich
    TCU
    OSU

^^^^This is the correct verdict…
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

I thought GA, Mich, TCU were locks at 12-0 going in. My opinion. Soon as USC became a 2 loss team, OSU goes in, TN would be next. I think it will be Georgia, Mich, OSU, TCU.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionskeeter View Post
    There is only one team that can beat Georgia and thats Alabama
    Respectfully disagree. This season, the two best teams have been Georgia and Michigan. I hope they end up playing for the trophy.

15. Member
    How in the world would anyone think a 2 loss bama should be in over a 1 loss TCU?? They lost to #10 in OT. Tide needs to get over themselves, not your year. I am looking forward to 12 teams though, as it will settle all this nonsense once and for all.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

16. Member

Ga
    Mich
    TCU
    OSU

I would only flip your OSU and TCU due to the fact that OSU lost to #2, and TCU to a #10 ranked team.
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

Committee just made it official — TCU at #3. Makes sense……

18. Member
    And......I would be wrong!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick2268 View Post
    How in the world would anyone think a 2 loss bama should be in over a 1 loss TCU?? They lost to #10 in OT. Tide needs to get over themselves, not your year. I am looking forward to 12 teams though, as it will settle all this nonsense once and for all.
    Exactly! You can’t bump TCU out for losing in the conference championship and let a 2 loss Bama team in that didn’t play in their conference championship. Ohio st comes in at 4 because they’re a one loss team and TCU because they made it to the conference championship. Plain and simple. I don’t see how it would/could play out any other way. If someone thinks it should, please explain.

20. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Tide got rolled..............

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast