Anyone here deal with Alibaba?

I buy a lot of Chinese products from a different source. I see them on Alibaba for abour half what I'm paying with free shipping. I haven't figured out how one pays for the stuff securely. I'd feel safer using Paypal than a credit card linked directly to my bank. Anybody here with experience on this issue?

2. Member
    Use alibaba frequently. Sometimes the products I’m interested aren’t exactly as described, but always get refunded if not. Shipping usually at least 6 weeks.

3. Member
    They draw your attention with cheap pricing but I go by the adage if it seems to good to be true it most likely isnt. I run fast when i accidently click on them.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    They draw your attention with cheap pricing but I go by the adage if it seems to good to be true it most likely isnt. I run fast when i accidently click on them.
    Meh, I got 300 dark sleepers for about 60 cents each. Exactly the same as the $8 megabass. Even caught a ton of fish

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    Meh, I got 300 dark sleepers for about 60 cents each. Exactly the same as the $8 megabass. Even caught a ton of fish
    Oh no you didn't lol

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    I know some are different than others. I was wondering about this…. Mark Perry doesn’t approve of this

It is Asia’s Amazon. They deliver worldwide BUT do not vet their vendors like Amazon. You can get scammed but for the most part it is safe. Shipping is sloooow though.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Haven't bought anything from there in a while but never had an issue with any transaction. The bulk package of blade baits I bought were crap but I kinda figured that on the way in. Other stuff like bulk packs of snaps and other hardware were top notch. Probably from the same factory that cranks out the Owner stuff, how many specialized machines that can make that stuff even exist to begin with ?
    Ranting incoherently

9. Fishing is a Passion
    I use AliExpress. Purchased a few products. Never been let down. They are making great strides with customer service. If you are not satisfied, they will give money back. Just put a larger order in 2 weeks ago and all items have already been delivered. It takes a while to understand the web site, but then it is easy to navigate.
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

I picked up my lithium batteries from there. Took a few months to get them but the price was a fraction of what retailer's charge.

11. Member
    Yes.....never an issue.....to the contrary, my experience with their CS has been OUTstanding......and I've saved serious $$$......but do your due diligence on the seller/item....

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I buy a lot of Chinese products from a different source. I see them on Alibaba for abour half what I'm paying with free shipping. I haven't figured out how one pays for the stuff securely. I'd feel safer using Paypal than a credit card linked directly to my bank. Anybody here with experience on this issue?

You need to E Nun See Ate..

Try:

Op En Says a ME...

Try that...

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    You need to E Nun See Ate..

Try:

Op En Says a ME...

Try that...
    Gol Danng!!! Lew, I fingered that out in 10 seconds.

Anyhow, to all the (thank you) responders, how did you PAY for the stuff. I feel safest with Paypal.

14. Fishing is a Passion
    PayPal
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen