Expride 7'6" H or XH

I do a lot of pond hopping in Fl. over the winter and I'm trying to decide which Expride would suite me better. I will mainly be using it for pitching and flipping in grass/reeds sparse slop but not mats.My 2 choices being the Expride 7'6" H (1/2-11/2oz fast) or the 7'6" XH (5/8-2Oz. Mod/fast) I'm not familiar with the various actions of the Exprides so your thoughts are appreciated. I already have a NRX 873 & 853 for pitching jigs/senko's up to 1/2oz in more open areas so I want something a little longer and more backbone for the weeds with weights up to 1oz but mainly 3/4.
    I picked up a Extreme HP795 Flip over black Friday but I'm feeling it's going to be a bit too long so I may flip it
    (no pun intended) or keep it for deeper jig fishing here in Pa.

I'm sure there will be recommendations for rods in the 7'2"-7'4" range but I prefer the leverage of something a little longer for bank fishing in cover.In my earlier post I asked about the 7'6" legend x MH MF but thinking that may be a little lite for what I want.

I have both of the Exprides in question. XH for punching milfoil or pads. H for most everything else. The 76MH Expride is a nice rod too. I like the softer tip for pitching docks and it makes a great 1/2 oz tube jig rod for smallies!

3. Member
    I echo BigVrowns sentiments. H for all around including light to moderate weeds. XH for the thick stuff and pinching and frogging matts.

4. Member
    With the size of fish you might run into and the cover down in FL, I think you have to go XH. It's a very comfortable rod, lots of tip and lots of power. The XH can also double as a single hook, soft swimmer rod if that's something you throw.

scott