Golf cart question; want to upgrade to Lithiums

2017 EZ Go RXV 48v. Want to upgrade to 1 48v Lithium battery. I know I will have to change chargers, but what else needs to be changed. If someone has done this, I would appreciate your input or links.
    Thanks.
    Go Frogs.

2. Member
    Hmmm. I've seen some golf carts that had multiple batteries with voltage taps off each one for different speed needs. One battery would not work in this instance.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Basser View Post
    2017 EZ Go RXV 48v. Want to upgrade to 1 48v Lithium battery. I know I will have to change chargers, but what else needs to be changed. If someone has done this, I would appreciate your input or links.
    Thanks.
    Go Frogs.
    That is all you should need. Some carts do have voltage converters to drop down the voltage from 48 to 12v for accessories but they don't care what type of battery they convert.

4. Member
    I have a couple of carts with 48v lithium. I did a bunch of research and settled on Relion Insight batteries. You will likely need 2 or even 3 if you want a lot of run time. 2 will give you similar run time to new lead acids. 3 will give you more runtime. I have a step down converter for my 12v accessories. Relion was running a special where if you bought 2 or more, you got a free charger. Nothing needs to be changed. They are drop in replacements.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Basser View Post
    Thanks.
    Go Frogs.
    Dont park it in your garage!

6. Member
    1 48v lithium won't cut with the batteries we have now. 2 in parallel may get you close. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

7. Member
    Like, an EV Chevy or such can run 3-500 miles with their Lithium batteries, and a golf cart would be lucky to make 36 holes from the sound of things. EV's have inverters to kick the voltage up to several hundred volts and axle driven motors. Kind of begins to bogge the mind doesn't it, if your battery operated car stops, and the battery isn't dead, you better have AAA or and/or a fat wallet.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    We have a 48 volt lithium designed just for carts has a remote battery guage as well as charger and bluetooth for monitoring thru the app. Retail is $2599.00 however with our BBC exclusive K and K Kustomz sale until 12/9 that battery is $2080.00 free shipping no tax. Its also backed with our class leading 10 year non prorated warranty. cant beat that deal give me a call to order today

Screenshot_20221201-103325_Instagram.jpg

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    We have a 48 volt lithium designed just for carts has a remote battery guage as well as charger and bluetooth for monitoring thru the app. Retail is $2599.00 however with our BBC exclusive K and K Kustomz sale until 12/9 that battery is $2080.00 free shipping no tax. Its also backed with our class leading 10 year non prorated warranty. cant beat that deal give me a call to order today

Screenshot_20221201-103325_Instagram.jpg
    What is the capacity on your battery? I am always looking for improvements in battery tech. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    we have a single 48 volt 105 ah designed just for carts we also have our 48 volt 30 ah individual batteries as well

11. Banned
    Although a speedy cart will ensure a 'good lie™' many times strokes can be saved by working on the short game..

Fairways and Greens

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    we have a single 48 volt 105 ah designed just for carts we also have our 48 volt 30 ah individual batteries as well
    Well fishing people, we went from 6 to 12, 24 and then to 36 volt trolling motors so I anticipate 48 next. Maybe even batteries with built in inverters to send AC to them. As Mr. Ohm said, the higher the voltage the less current required to do the same work. Maybe the cart and T/M fields will overlap soon if not already.