Connecting Echomap to Ghost?

If I want to run a Garmin Echomap Ultra on the Bow could I connect to the built in transducer on the Lowrance Ghost trolling motor? Just looking to have standard 2D and Temp.

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I don't think Lowrances ducer is universal like on the Ultrex......so I'll say no.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Theroetically it probably could be done, but I doubt if it would be worth it. You'd have to know the color code of the wires in the Lowrance xd and the color code of the Garmin 8 or 12 pin connector, depending on which you obtained. Then you'd have to cut and splice the cables and make the connection waterproof. Then you'd have to know the specs of the Lowrance xd, particularly frequencies, watts and impedance. Someone at Garmin would have to telll you which manual xd selection would work to match the the Lowrance specs. There probably is one. You'd have to put it out of your mind that you were doing all that to use a transducer that's not as good as the Garmin xd's.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.