Strategies for Garmin and Humminbird units.

I'm presenting this question to the masses for best stategies from people with greater brain power than me.. I currently have a Garmin Ultra 126 SV for live scope and a Humminbird Helix 9 Chirp Mega G3N for Mega 360 on the bow and have a Humminbird Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI G3N at th console (the Humminbird 9 and 12 are already networked). I have two separate units not on the boat from upgrades over the years (Garmin UHD 93sv and a Humminbird Helix 9 GPS G3N). My question is, if I was going to put the 93SV and Helix 9 GPS unit on the boat where should I put them (bow or console) and what would be the strategy why? Thanks in advance.

If you can't think of a reason you need them, then why add more. Just gonna kill your battery faster.

If anything you don't have dedicated Si or Maps.

3. Member
    You might be right because I can't think of any advantage. If I don't get any standout advantage it will be eBay..LOL!

4. Member
    Take 12 di off console put up front for 360. Sell the 2 helix 9's and the 93sv and get a helix 10 or 12 with SI for console. Best of all worlds.

5. Member
    Im with A Wood on the bow setup but I would put the 93sv and helix 9 on console. Only downside is the helix will be much bigger than the garmin if your OCD can handle that lol

6. Member
    Thank you.

7. Member
    The first thing I would tackle would be to get SI on your console. I have two 9" screens that I'm currently trying to sell and let me tell you there isn't much interest. But I do agree, Sell the the two nines, Move the 12 " to the bow. Buy a used Helix 10 or 12" with SI and go fish.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogg316 View Post
    Only downside is the helix will be much bigger than the garmin if your OCD can handle that lol
    Yep it took me a while to get use to a supposed 9" unit being smaller than another 9" unit.

The Helix Di will do Si with the Mega 360 up front.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    Take 12 di off console put up front for 360. Sell the 2 helix 9's and the 93sv and get a helix 10 or 12 with SI for console. Best of all worlds.
    EXACTLY!!!!
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

I like 2 units on the console. One for mapping so you know where you have scanned and one for SI. Dont think a single 12 would give you as nuch screen area.