Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    or they actually know how to cook...........
    I would hardly say putting something in an air fryer is knowing how to cook. Lol
    It doesn’t taste as good. Is what It is.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    I would hardly say putting something in an air fryer is knowing how to cook. Lol
    your honor,, I rest my case.......

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    I agree with this. Very few things taste as good as deep fried in animal fat. However, for health benefit I think it does very well. I wish I could figure a way to do fish and shrimp in an air fryer.
    ________
    $8

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    or they actually know how to cook...........
    When done correctly, meaning the oil, lard or whatever is at the proper temperature before putting the food in, frying results in very little of the medium left behind on the food, almost negligible amounts. Putting food in oil that’s too cold results in soggy food.
    Ranting incoherently

5. Member
    Wife cooks wings weekly in ours. Great for baked potatoes too, trust me on this.

6. Member
    I like them for wings, reheating publix fried chcken, fries, reheating pizza. I have not been impressed when trying other things with it though.

We mainly use ours for fries. But, an FYI for everyone. There was a segment on the Cleveland News last week about air fryers shorting out. A fire chief was interviewed and he said that his company has recently seen a large increase in the number of fires started by air fryers shorting out WHILE NOT IN USE! He strongly advised people to unplug their air fryer when it's not being used.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    We mainly use ours for fries. But, an FYI for everyone. There was a segment on the Cleveland News last week about air fryers shorting out. A fire chief was interviewed and he said that his company has recently seen a large increase in the number of fires started by air fryers shorting out WHILE NOT IN USE! He strongly advised people to unplug their air fryer when it's not being used.
    We store ours away when not it use.
    Air fryers are over rated IMO. Wife likes it though.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven H View Post
    Wife cooks wings weekly in ours. Great for baked potatoes too, trust me on this.
    Yes, they do, any convection ovens is preferable, including these tiny midget ovens.
    Regular baked potatoes and sweet potatoes. Great for bite-sized potatoes as well.

10. Member
    ABSOLUTE best way to cook salmon steaks! We got one just for that reason. It doesn’t take long, so don’t over cook it.

11. Member
    We have a Ninja Foodie & use it alot. I would recommend one. The wife uses it to make fajita's and our friends and myself agree, they are the best we've had.
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

12. Member
    The whole idea behind the air fryer is a healthier alternative to deep frying. We just bought a Ninja xl about a month ago. Gets a little hotter than most and has max crisp setting. So far so good.

I love to cook my wings about 90% on my kamado Joe so they get that nice smoke flavor and then finish them out in the air fryer to get the perfect crispness
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

14. Member
    We purchased a Ninja Foodi 5-in-1 air fryer a couple years ago and we love it. Most things that you would put in a fryer can be cooked in the air fryer and they come out very well. It is great for small servings of food that are better fried but you don’t want to heat up the fryer. We love ours!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    I think it is remarkably close. What is your process?
    Spray with vegetable oil spray and put on highest setting for air fry. I'm not saying it's no good- it just doesn't compare to frying something in oil IMO.

16. Member
    My favorite way to cook baked potatoes.

17. Member
    I like it. Fries or any other frozen food, makes a good chicken fry and I’ve even cooked a rib eye in it a couple times and they came out really good.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    When done correctly, meaning the oil, lard or whatever is at the proper temperature before putting the food in, frying results in very little of the medium left behind on the food, almost negligible amounts. Putting food in oil that’s too cold results in soggy food.
    I agree it's actually is steaming the food.

When performed properly, deep frying does not make food excessively greasy, because the moisture in the food repels the oil. The hot oil heats the water within the food, steaming it; oil cannot go against the direction of this powerful flow because (due to its high temperature) the water vapor pushes the bubbles toward the surface.[3][21] As long as the oil is hot enough and the food is not immersed in the oil for too long

19. Member
    I enjoy mine. Like other have said, not quite as good as real deep frying, but way easier and less messy.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

20. Member
    I do frozen french fries and tator tots in mine all the time and other precooked chicken and steak fingers sometimes. I've done chicken tenders from raw in mine a few times also and they are good but not as good as frying imo. I have a small 1.9 QT from Walmart.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast