RT 188 Jack Plate

I have a trade for a new 4” Z lock manual Jack plate. I’d like to know if I need longer cables as mine are stock. I know a J/P will not add a much speed or top end, but it is a good deal for me to trade.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

2. Member
    When I added the Microjacker, I did not need any longer cables.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

3. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    When I added the Microjacker, I did not need any longer cables.
    Thanks… That is what I needed to find out. I am going to add a J/P over the winter.
    Did the Microjacker do what ya wanted it to do????
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

4. Member
    It has served my purpose well, though my purpose is different than most. I wanted the plate to be able to lift the motor up high for shallow water running. I fish the Susquehanna often and will raise the motor up as high as I can get away with to give me as much wiggle room as I can. I used to have a jet boat prior to my RT188 and the jack plate was one way to compromise. Being able to raise the motor is handy up in finger lakes, where I fish a lot too. Up there, there's a lot of idling down shallow channels to get into/out of places. The only thing I'd do differently would be to use the regular Atlas plate. The microjacker was what Ranger offered, so I got that to keep my warranty. Someday, I may swap it out.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.