Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bzbrent View Post
    As Jerry Clower said, a raccoon always has two options - run, or stand there and whip everything on the ground.

-b-
    So many great memories of listening to that guy.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    Lordy mercy Captain Morgan! You would love it down here. I bet you would run out of gas before you got a small fraction of them. I know they can be mean as I raised two and they to the point you better not let anyone try to touch them. After all they are wild animals. We have caught them in live traps to try to relocate them and upon release you best get out of reach quickly. Finally got to a point we just 12 gauge them. Takes less time!
    Anyone that I see around here is dead on sight.

3. Banned
    When We™ were still living in Sonoma County, Ca. and MIL™ was living in Riverside, Fl. we came to visit. Back then I was still able to play Golf. So I go to play one day and after hitting some balls near the range, I stepped on a rake in the trap, I got paired up w/a pair of local Fellas, who both were connected to the local School District as one was a Principal and the other a 5th Grade Teacher. The early morning heat is settling in as we start down the 1st Fairway. I pull my cart up to walk to the green and the Teacher says "If you have any food in the cart try and hide it or the raccoons will get at it" I reply "Raccoons? during the day? are they rabid? They're usually NOCTURNAL?" and He says "What does NOCTURNAL mean?"...

Imagine my chagrin as I was still perplexed putting on the 11th green...

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    When We™ were still living in Sonoma County, Ca. and MIL™ was living in Riverside, Fl. we came to visit. Back then I was still able to play Golf. So I go to play one day and after hitting some balls near the range, I stepped on a rake in the trap, I got paired up w/a pair of local Fellas, who both were connected to the local School District as one was a Principal and the other a 5th Grade Teacher. The early morning heat is settling in as we start down the 1st Fairway. I pull my cart up to walk to the green and the Teacher says "If you have any food in the cart try and hide it or the raccoons will get at it" I reply "Raccoons? during the day? are they rabid? They're usually NOCTURNAL?" and He says "What does NOCTURNAL mean?"...

Imagine my chagrin as I was still perplexed putting on the 11th green...
    Nocturnal. I bet it kept him up all night trying to figure that out. Education, a dangerous tool.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Nocturnal. I bet it kept him up all night trying to figure that out. Education, a dangerous tool.

I was going to quip something cute like "That is why Hunab Ku equipped them with what appears to be a Yegg's mask..." but thought I may have got corrected not using 'an' prior to Yegg... You know the whole Y is/isn't type deal...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12