Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Little Debbie should be on the Ban list now

Little Debbie will no longer sell to military commissaries. For me that's a big issue. You can't sell to troops because you don't make enough. No matter the millions you make else where.

https://taskandpurpose.com/culture/m...little-debbie/

2. Member
    "A spokesperson for McKee Foods Corporation, the Tennessee-based bakery that manufactures the Little Debbie products, told Stars and Stripes that regulatory costs are now simply too expensive for the company to continue supplying the Defense Commissary Agency and the Naval Exchange Service."

Some here feel like regulatory cost are no big deal. My guess is not one of those folks own or run a for profit business in this country.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    "A spokesperson for McKee Foods Corporation, the Tennessee-based bakery that manufactures the Little Debbie products, told Stars and Stripes that regulatory costs are now simply too expensive for the company to continue supplying the Defense Commissary Agency and the Naval Exchange Service."

Yup but Hostess and other brands seem to have no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronn812 View Post
    I was always a Hostess guy myself.

6. Member
    I don’t see the big deal.
    ________
    $8

Quote Originally Posted by aaronn812 View Post

Perhaps those are much bigger corporations with more resources to keep their costs down better.

From what I read it doesn't seem Little Debbie is trying to make a statementor punish the military in any way.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    As prior military I do. You can't sell to the commissaries because you can't make enough besides all the other profits elsewhere. That's fine. I hope every troop and prior military never buy another Little Debbie product. I know I won't.

To me it's about supporting our military.

9. Member
    As long as they keep the Pop tarts on the shelves the Soldiers will be good.......I havent seen too many soldiers with Little Debbie snacks stuffed in their cargo pockets..Of course its been a decade or so since I've headed to the field...
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Some here feel like regulatory cost are no big deal. My guess is not one of those folks own or run a for profit business in this country.
    Yep....I would be very interested in knowing what the "regulatory costs" entail before I start pointing my finger at Little Debbie. A vendor doesn't just pull out of a market without sound reasoning. If Little Debbie had made the move for political reasons such as a corporate culture that did not support the mission of our military, then I would have a major personal issue with them, but that just doesn't appear to be the case here.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    As long as they keep the Pop tarts on the shelves the Soldiers will be good.......I havent seen too many soldiers with Little Debbie snacks stuffed in their cargo pockets..

I've seen a bunch in my time in and still the ones I know in do. Maybe not in cargo pockets but in packs and elsewhere.

12. Member
    Same here. Private business that can choose for themselves who they sign contracts with to sell goods.

We lose and gain brands all the time, no news here. The commissaries negotiate for price, and we have lost others before, and it won't be the last time.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

14. Member
    Thanks Aaronn, but I don't care.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

I doubt the government makes it easy to be a contracted supplier either.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Thanks Aaronn, but I don't care.
    Then why read it. Especially take the time to reply.

17. Member
    C'mon, I can't make an informed decision without looking into, only then can I decide if i care. Differing opinions help even things out. it's okay. Now, if you go back and edit your post and add "please only apply if you agree", then I will edit and delete mine.

I figured you'd know John, in layman's terms what are "regulartory costs" in reference to a supplier ?
    Ranting incoherently

19. Member
    Heck, I didn't even know what a supply chain was.

It is change. We must resist.

Or eat healthier snacks.

One of the two.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast