Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Who cares. Nobody under the age of 83 goes to the commissary anyways

Yeah that’s false.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    Yeah that’s false.
    Oh…ok

honestly, DECA should go away stateside. You do not save any money…Kroger is cheaper and I get fuel points

5. Member
    So is this rigorous indignation or did someone just read a headline and start shaking their fist.? Have not had one in years but the LD oatmeal rounds are pretty good.
    Red Sox in 6!

Ranting incoherently

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    We lose and gain brands all the time, no news here. The commissaries negotiate for price, and we have lost others before, and it won't be the last time.
    Military owes private vendors nothing and visa versa. Doesn't mean either is any more patriotic than the other.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

Dang, I spent a couple days there earlier this year upgrading some of their servers. Really nice people to work with. They even gave us snacks to take home to family.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post

That is how I feel about the swiss cake rolls.

10. Member
    So, pretend I am a serviceman. Pretend I live on a base. Pretend I want a little Debbie hydrogenated vegetable oil and high fructose corn syrup laden heart attack obesity builder in a package. Or two. Or ten. And the Commissary on base doesn't carry it----like every commissary I ever went in never had every single thing I might know about and want, btw....

Know what? I am a member of the US Military, the best trained and equipped in the whole wide world. I think on my feet, I make decisions under pressure, some can be life and death....

I think I can go find some little Debbie cakes if the Commissary doesn't have them. All this faux outrage that a privately held company made a business decision not to supply a commissary is kind of an insult to the good people of the armed services who probably care less about it than all the faux outraged people do. I never did all my grocery shopping in a commissary anyway. They never had everything I wanted. Oh....... the indignity of it all!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    So, pretend I am a serviceman. Pretend I live on a base. Pretend I want a little Debbie hydrogenated vegetable oil and high fructose corn syrup laden heart attack obesity builder in a package. Or two. Or ten. And the Commissary on base doesn't carry it----like every commissary I ever went in never had every single thing I might know about and want, btw....

Know what? I am a member of the US Military, the best trained and equipped in the whole wide world. I think on my feet, I make decisions under pressure, some can be life and death....

I think I can go find some little Debbie cakes if the Commissary doesn't have them. All this faux outrage that a privately held company made a business decision not to supply a commissary is kind of an insult to the good people of the armed services who probably care less about it than all the faux outraged people do. I never did all my grocery shopping in a commissary anyway. They never had everything I wanted. Oh....... the indignity of it all!
    You win the internet today!

Be all you can be … and then some.
    3CB97695-6351-4489-82D0-8F36C73E3A56.jpeg
    Ranting incoherently

Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    Be all you can be … and then some.
    3CB97695-6351-4489-82D0-8F36C73E3A56.jpeg
    Good on him!

If I was to listen and adhere to all the boycotts I hear about because someone imagines that they were slighted somehow, I would be naked, cold, hungry and living in a cave.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

15. Banned
    Welp, I saw this thread starting to ravel so I started making phone calls (burner™ of course...DUH!..) to my connections in the State Dep't.™ and CID™ even...

I pulled a few strings and have Col. Flagg (not his real name) going to open a "look see". I'd normally fax Flagg's CV but this admin. wants to save paper while stealing billions...

Just delete when done w/Your perusal..

P.S. Hit up Your neighbor the Comm. Symp. when they head to ChinaMart™..

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Try doing business with the Federal Government before you start screaming for a boycott of anyone.

There are a whole lot of Government Contracts that nobody is bidding on so there is an opportunity for all the BBC boycotters to jump in and take advantage of.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Try doing business with the Federal Government before you start screaming for a boycott of anyone.

There are a whole lot of Government Contracts that nobody is bidding on so there is an opportunity for all the BBC boycotters to jump in and take advantage of.
    You mean like them 9000 oil leases no one wants?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Oh…ok

honestly, DECA should go away stateside. You do not save any money…Kroger is cheaper and I get fuel points
    I’ll admit that most items in my local commissary aren’t any cheaper than the grocery stores in town but when it comes to meat and poultry nobody comes close in price.

19. Member
    Debbie has lost my $$$$!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    I’ll admit that most items in my local commissary aren’t any cheaper than the grocery stores in town but when it comes to meat and poultry nobody comes close in price.
    The 5% surcharge and the bagger ladies eyeing you for tips takes away any tax savings. I just hit Kroger on weekday mornings to stock the freezer with good, cheap meat

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast