1998 Blazer 202 w/225 Merc - Looking for info

I came across a 1998 Blazer 202 for sale. I've only seen 1 picture of the boat but I will be calling the seller this evening to obtain some more info.

Being a smaller brand and 24 years old, I'm having a bit of trouble finding "common" knowledge out about this model for that year.

My question is if there's anything specific to that year/model that I need to pay extra attention to beyond the regular 24 year old wear/tear/characteristics?

I just want to make sure this wasn't a generation of 202s where there were rare bass boat structural issues like broken stringers, cap separation, weak transoms, fiberglass resin flaws, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I'd check around the floor drains, seat bases, and of course the transom. Those will be common areas of problems for a Blazer that old, depending on how it was taken care of. I've never heard of this year model being a problem.

3. Member
    I have a 2000 202 and love it been running it since 2004. regular maintenance on mine anything else was stuff I wanted to do not had to do.