Water pressure gauge fitting leaking

My gauge fitting at the block is leaking. It just weeps a little at idle, but maybe more when the pressure goes up at speed. It is in the area where the tube and compression fitting come together. I tried a new compression fitting (ferrule) but the fitting moves off to one side when I tighten it and it continues to leak. It is like it isn't staying centered up into the hole (hard to describe). I ordered a new water pressure sending kit WATER PRESSURE SENDING KIT (simyamaha.com) and am going to run a new line back to the gauge as the one I have is 20 plus years old. Is the compression fitting supposed to be placed on the part of the hose that has the little brass part in it, and that is what keeps it centered up? If on the brass insert there is almost no line into the fitting. No instructions provided for these things, and do not believe there is anything in the service manual.
    Last edited by Amistad Tackle; 12-01-2022 at 10:44 AM.

2. Member
    When I do these I put the ferrule on the hose about a 1/2" or more (after first putting on the compression "nut"). Then push the hose end into the engine fitting until it seats. Then push the ferrule in by hand. Then tighten the "nut". I've never had a problem. Hope this works for you.
    Make sure the end of hose is cut square so it seats properly.
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

3. Member
    Ok, thanks!