Thread: Glen Flint

Glen Flint

Anybody fish Glen Flint in the last few years? I haven't been lately but it used to be a decent numbers lake until it got overrun with carp. Just contemplating places for next year....

2. Member
    I don’t know about numbers, and it’s been several years for me, but the only 2 times I ever fished it, it took high 20’s both times to win. I don’t know why I haven’t been back (other than the lake size is boring to me).

It seems to me that the spring can be decent to good. Late spring and on, it sucks. My BIL went there in the summer of 2021 and we had 2 small fish for the day.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

4. Member
    Definitely not the lake it once was for numbers . Probably worth a trip in the spring as it does have some nice bass . A lot of cover and the fish can be on any of it. I have caught nice crappie and saugeye fishing cranks for bass if you like to mix it up . I would absolutely agree with jc1234 after the water heats up it gets tuff

5. Member
    Thanks for all your thoughts guys! I haven't been there in years. When I fished it I found it to be good for numbers in the late spring, but also in early-mid October. Not much in between. I never saw any big bags - could win most derbies with 8-12 lbs. Then it got so many carp in it that it was hard to fish shallow. I seem to remember them doing something to clean up the carp many years ago, but I may be wrong. I didn't realize there were saugeye in it. I may try it once or twice next year - its close and used to be not too crowded with boat traffic, especially during the week. Thanks again!

6. idbefishing
    Spring time Glen Flint fish
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    Spring time Glen Flint fish
    Nice one