Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Runsome View Post
    This is awesome advice and very helpful. Thanks very much!
    I highly doubt you are going to hear anything from Lowrance engineering. They are busy making future generation equipment.

We will see what is real once it gets in users hands and real world experience occurs. YouTube videos will show the results, and I for one am looking forward to sharing results once I get a setup and put it in real world use.
    ciao,
    Marc

2. Member
    but who is going to plug their AT2 transducer into a AT1 black box and then into a AT2 box to compare. Lowrance should make a statement on this as many out there will want to upgrade from AT1 and know what we are getting spending the extra money for a new AT2 processing unit. Any decent marketing firm would recommend this - it would take them about 1 minute to call engineering and get the scoup and put out a press release or just a comment on their web page. I find this poor and I own two AT1 units and many many live units. Along with 2 ghosts.

3. Member
    Who you ask? I’d wager Russell Marine will do just that soon.

4. Member
    hope so. I have been in a boat with LS1 and then LS2. I have many many hours on AT on both my boats. This includes deep lake trout fishing.

for how I fish (and I am an engineer who works in health care imaging) AT more useful vs LS1. Better range. But LS2 better vs AT1. What I want to know is what AT2 transducer gets me and what adding the new module gets me with AT2. LS 34 transducer arrays are much larger vs the LS 32 transducer. Much. Looks like AT2 transducer is same size as AT1. Maybe they added some elements. Maybe not. They dont list if crystal or ss elements. Or is it mainly software upgrade with higher output via the new box with same elements/array as AT1.

I also run mega360. Been in a boat with mega live. And I use LS2 for ice fishing as it just has better range in my hands vs AT. I understand ultrasound engineering and physics. Lowrance knows exactly what upgrading the black box does. And what if anything they changed in the transducer. Just not telling us.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uwbadger View Post
    hope so. I have been in a boat with LS1 and then LS2. I have many many hours on AT on both my boats. This includes deep lake trout fishing.

for how I fish (and I am an engineer who works in health care imaging) AT more useful vs LS1. Better range. But LS2 better vs AT1. What I want to know is what AT2 transducer gets me and what adding the new module gets me with AT2. LS 34 transducer arrays are much larger vs the LS 32 transducer. Much. Looks like AT2 transducer is same size as AT1. Maybe they added some elements. Maybe not. They dont list if crystal or ss elements. Or is it mainly software upgrade with higher output via the new box with same elements/array as AT1.

I also run mega360. Been in a boat with mega live. And I use LS2 for ice fishing as it just has better range in my hands vs AT. I understand ultrasound engineering and physics. Lowrance knows exactly what upgrading the black box does. And what if anything they changed in the transducer. Just not telling us.
    \
    I guess they don't think you have a need to know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123