Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    Garbage that live owners have to buy an expensive module to utilize the new transducer!
    Older units simply lack the technical ability to run structurescan on chirp, so it ca`t be fixed with just a softwareupdate. You could connect AI HD directly to HDS Live, but it will not do chirp for side- and downscan.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    Garbage that live owners have to buy an expensive module to utilize the new transducer!
    The AT2 is a new system, you can't just cherry pick the components to work as it is intended to. It provides a huge distance and clarity advantage over the AT1. Stop whining.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Typical "confuse the consumer" make more money. All companies and most bigger business do this.
    It's not confusing...you're just listening to people that have no idea what they're talking about.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    The AT2 is a new system, you can't just cherry pick the components to work as it is intended to. It provides a huge distance and clarity advantage over the AT1. Stop whining.

I agree. It's a computer product, they have a short life of being relevant, I don't understand why anyone is surprised it's been this way for 20 years. I buy all this stuff knowing there is about a 3 year curve of being the latest and greatest. Then its time to make a choice to upgrade or not. I don't think its going to slow down any time soon.

Can someone just please clarify: if I get the AT2 and the 3100 module, and run it on my HDS Live, what can I do? And what benefit would HDS Pro have that I wouldn’t get with running the AT2 transducer and 3100 module on my HDS Live? Thanks!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    It's not confusing...you're just listening to people that have no idea what they're talking about.
    Really, lets put it to a vote! Looks pretty obvious that people are confused, and for good reason!

7. Member
    Found this posted on another forum. May help with some of the confusion or not?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Runsome View Post
    Can someone just please clarify: if I get the AT2 and the 3100 module, and run it on my HDS Live, what can I do? And what benefit would HDS Pro have that I wouldn’t get with running the AT2 transducer and 3100 module on my HDS Live? Thanks!
    First to clarify something way too many conflate. the AT2 has nothing ZERO to do with the 3100 module. The 2 items support 2 different products and have no connection to ea other.

The AT2 dual transducers only work on the HDS Pro, You can run 1 AT2 on a Live. Which has more range and distance and image clarity than the AT1 besides the shallow water performance of the Scout Wide Image of AT2. If you are trying to save money by running an AT2 transducer on your current AT1 module You will have about a 10% Image Degrade. Personally I would never do it. Sell the one to someone just getting into Live Sonar. The Dual transducers on the HDS Pro is one of the advantages of the Pro,

The 3100 Module is what is needed on Carbons, Lives and FS units to get the Chirp into the Megahertz Range adjustable from Low to high Chirp in Down Scan, Side Image and Sonar. The box has 2 1KW Sonar channels that support Airmar transducers and the new Lowrance 3-1HD Fish Reveal HW and Fish Reveal MH and HD 3-1 transducers. The box for fish Reveal is also needed on the HDS Pro for running Fish Reveal. if you don't want Fish Reveal the 3100 is not needed on the Pro. This box is basically a complete sonar unit without the screen. When you add this to a Live, Carbon or FS unit you get a lot of frequency and depth flexibility on your units depending on what transducers you choose. The down scan and the side image frequencies are independent so you can dial in ea screen with the freq that gives you the best image you seek, For a very low price to change your unit into a flexible range of frequencies from Low to High into the Megahz Range compared to the cost of buying a single unit to accomplish over the cost of the 3100 and Transducer. Choose wisely on the transducer selection for your type of fishing. if you don't understand get the facts before you buy. There are many more smaller upgrades that the new HDS Pro will do. There are also a lot more software upgrades for both AT2 and the 3100 and Ghost coming that have not even been talked about yet as they are a little behind on software with so many new products. But nonof this will stop you from using the newest Fishing Tech. If everyone remembers there were lots of new upgrades for the HDS Live over Time and they are not done yet. I don't remember this many new big products at one time I guess that is what happens in pandemic times. Enjoy
    Last edited by Basshopper; 12-02-2022 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    First to clarify something way too many conflate. the AT2 has nothing ZERO to do with the 3100 module. The 2 items support 2 different products and have no connection to ea other.

The AT2 dual transducers only work on the HDS Pro, You can run 1 AT2 on a Live. Which has more range and distance and image clarity than the AT1 besides the shallow water performance of the Scout Wide Image of AT2. If you are trying to save money by running an AT2 transducer on your current AT1 module You will have about a 10% Image Degrade. Personally I would never do it. Sell the one to someone just getting into Live Sonar. The Dual transducers on the HDS Pro is one of the advantages of the Pro,

The 3100 Module is what is needed on Carbons, Lives and FS units to get the Chirp into the Megahertz Range adjustable from Low to high Chirp in Down Scan, Side Image and Sonar. The box has 2 1KW Sonar channels that support Airmar transducers and the new Lowrance 3-1HD Fish Reveal HW and Fish Reveal MH and HD 3-1 transducers. The box for fish Reveal is also needed on the HDS Pro for running Fish Reveal. if you don't want Fish Reveal the 3100 is not needed on the Pro. This box is basically a complete sonar unit without the screen. When you add this to a Live, Carbon or FS unit you get a lot of frequency and depth flexibility on your units depending on what transducers you choose. The down scan and the side image frequencies are independent so you can dial in ea screen with the freq that gives you the best image you seek, For a very low price to change your unit into a flexible range of frequencies from Low to High into the Megahz Range compared to the cost of buying a single unit to accomplish over the cost of the 3100 and Transducer. Choose wisely on the transducer selection for your type of fishing. if you don't understand get the facts before you buy. There are many more smaller upgrades that the new HDS Pro will do. There are also a lot more software upgrades for both AT2 and the 3100 and Ghost coming that have not even been talked about yet as they are a little behind on software with so many new products. But nonof this will stop you from using the newest Fishing Tech. If everyone remembers there were lots of new upgrades for the HDS Live over Time and they are not done yet. I don't remember this many new big products at one time I guess that is what happens in pandemic times. Enjoy
    Thanks very much Basshopper - that was really helpful! So if I stick with my HDS Live and don’t care about Fish Reveal — ie., I just want the better Chirp — I would need the 3100 module and the new 3-1 transducer? Thanks again!

10. Member
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by BASStard6344 View Post
    Found this posted on another forum. May help with some of the confusion or not?
    Great info…thanks.

Thanks very much Basshopper - that was really helpful! So if I stick with my HDS Live and don’t care about Fish Reveal — ie., I just want the better Chirp — I would need the 3100 module and the new 3-1 transducer? Thanks again!
    there is two 3 in 1 transducers now if you get the 3100 box and want SideScan with Fish Reveal you will need Model: 000-16061-001 or Model: 000-16060-001 if you dont want Reveal you need Model: 000-16062-001 all work with the 3100 box

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter21i View Post
    there is two 3 in 1 transducers now if you get the 3100 box and want SideScan with Fish Reveal you will need Model: 000-16061-001 or Model: 000-16060-001 if you dont want Reveal you need Model: 000-16062-001 all work with the 3100 box
    . Does the new 3-1 need the 3100 on the HDS Live or will it plug directly into the unit?

yes you have to have the 3100 box to use it on live or carbon or elite fs units it will only work on a hds pro unit without the 3100 box

Thanks very much for the clarification. Much appreciated! I’m more interested in the improved sidescan and downscan than anything else. I’m still not sold on Fish Reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter21i View Post
    yes you have to have the 3100 box to use it on live or carbon or elite fs units it will only work on a hds pro unit without the 3100 box
    Sorry - one other question: if I want to run it on my HDS Live units on both the bow and dash, do I need 2 3100 modules (ie, one for each transducer? Thanks again

17. Member
    Sorry - one other question: if I want to run it on my HDS Live units on both the bow and dash, do I need 2 3100 modules (ie, one for each transducer? Thanks again
    Like any other Ethernet Device you can access it on your Source from the eithernet. The real question is do you care where the transducer is when you access it. if you do then you may have to have 2 if not go with one. This is another reason to consider a HDS Pro on the bow, then one 3100 will go in the back and you have it all. Choose carefully on what you buy as with all these new toys buying the wrong thing could be the norm in the market place for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Like any other Ethernet Device you can access it on your Source from the eithernet. The real question is do you care where the transducer is when you access it. if you do then you may have to have 2 if not go with one. This is another reason to consider a HDS Pro on the bow, then one 3100 will go in the back and you have it all. Choose carefully on what you buy as with all these new toys buying the wrong thing could be the norm in the market place for a while.
    This is awesome advice and very helpful. Thanks very much!

19. Member
    Would love to hear from lowrance engineering on comparison of AT1 and AT2 digital processing unit performance with new AT2 transducer. Otherwise this is just all noise. What are the actual numbers and real world results. Someone said degradation of 10%. Why? And degradation of what? S/N? Range? Target separation? Time lag? Artifact? Volume averaging?

Otherwise just opinions and noise ... I own two AT1 systems. Would like to hear from lowrance on this. LV 34 performs the same on LS 32 DSP box.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uwbadger View Post
    Would love to hear from lowrance engineering on comparison of AT1 and AT2 digital processing unit performance with new AT2 transducer. Otherwise this is just all noise. What are the actual numbers and real world results. Someone said degradation of 10%. Why? And degradation of what? S/N? Range? Target separation? Time lag? Artifact? Volume averaging?

Otherwise just opinions and noise ... I own two AT1 systems. Would like to hear from lowrance on this. LV 34 performs the same on LS 32 DSP box.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast