Thread: Wifes Birthday

Wifes Birthday

Got the wife a new crappie rod for her birthday (should be here today). She only goes a couple times a year but I figured she should have the best when she does. Hope she's as excited as I am.

HB to your wife. Good luck with the crappie rod present.

3. Member
    Well that didn't go as I had hoped. Wish now I had got a shorter rod after she told me where I could store it. She might have been upset that it didn't have a reel so I just ordered a new reel. We will see........................

Quote Originally Posted by smalljawer View Post
    Well that didn't go as I had hoped. Wish now I had got a shorter rod after she told me where I could store it. She might have been upset that it didn't have a reel so I just ordered a new reel. We will see........................

Quote Originally Posted by smalljawer View Post
    keep buying, I am sure she will come around soon. Hope you have a comfortable couch.

6. Member
    You are doing this wrong. In 35 years of marriage I have never given my wife a anniversary, birthday, valentine, or any other presents. No flowers, no cakes, no nothing. Never!! That way I can never forget a anniversary or birthday and get in trouble for not remembering. She doesn't expect it and I don't do it. We've been happily married for 35 years now.

That being said that doesn't mean she goes without recognition or presents. I let her pick out her own. But, I do understand what was posted above. It's funny enough.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

7. Member
    Well I got the reel and put it on the rod, she was still not impressed. Went and picked up a gift card at the quilting supply store, BINGO happy wife and I got a new rod and reel

You have to love it when a plan comes together.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    You have to love it when a plan comes together.
    Sometimes things just work out.................