Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    The Scout Mode looks awesome!! It saves me from having to buy a Mega 360 set up in addition to AT, and its a live view! I used my last Mega 360 on the 240 degree angle view anyway.

I just ordered a new boat, I would like to know if I can have one graph dedicated to Scout Mode, and one dedicated to Forward Mode? Or is the only option the split screen that he had it the video? That will answer my question whether to get two 12's or one 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    The Scout Mode looks awesome!! It saves me from having to buy a Mega 360 set up in addition to AT, and its a live view! I used my last Mega 360 on the 240 degree angle view anyway.

I just ordered a new boat, I would like to know if I can have one graph dedicated to Scout Mode, and one dedicated to Forward Mode? Or is the only option the split screen that he had it the video? That will answer my question whether to get two 12's or one 16.
    It will 99.9% look like that image in the release photos. Get 2 12s.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    It will 99.9% look like that image in the release photos. Get 2 12s.
    My last boat I had AT & 360 and loved the set up. I’m debating if running Forward & Scout mode simultaneously would negate the need for another 360 set up? I mainly used it for finding holes in the grass in 4-8ft of water. Or if I will miss the image clarity of the 360? I see you run both, any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    My last boat I had AT & 360 and loved the set up. I’m debating if running Forward & Scout mode simultaneously would negate the need for another 360 set up? I mainly used it for finding holes in the grass in 4-8ft of water. Or if I will miss the image clarity of the 360? I see you run both, any thoughts?
    I’ve never used scout mode with Lowrance so I can’t comment. Honestly not sure why I’ve never tried it to compare directly with my mega 360.

MLF Invitationals Angler

I’ve never used scout mode with Lowrance so I can’t comment. Honestly not sure why I’ve never tried it to compare directly with my mega 360.
    Scout mode is no comparison to mega 360. It does have its purpose and is quite useful but its not 360.

6. Member
    Scout Mode would have to be REALLY improved for me to choose it over Mega 360.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Scout mode is no comparison to mega 360. It does have its purpose and is quite useful but it’s not 360.
    I think that’s why I don’t even try it because my mega 360 can easily see 80ft around my boat extremely clear and every video or pic I see of scout mode is about 50% the quality and only about 20-40ft from the boat is visible.

MLF Invitationals Angler

I think that’s why I don’t even try it because my mega 360 can easily see 80ft around my boat extremely clear and every video or pic I see of scout mode is about 50% the quality and only about 20-40ft from the boat is visible.
    Two totally different technologies. Scout is for live fish primary with structure secondary. 360 is structure primary with fish secondary and not live.

9. Member
    With the sales on the lives I bit the bullet and got rid of my birds that came on my skeeter. Picked up a HDS12 live for the console and a 9live and 9 carbon for the bow. I am happy to have the older tech in the lives and carbon vs the birds as I know how to use the lowrances. I am adding AT as well. My next step will to be to swap the ultrex for the ghost. For me I never felt the need to have 360 with the lowrances due to the downscan overlay on the mapping screen. I could make multiple passes over an area and then waypoint all my structure on the map and have a grid of waypoints to work around and fish. Having had the birds and Mega SI I never thought it much better than what I had with my AI and Carbons on my last boat.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Yes unless you want Fish Reveal then it requires the 3100 and the correct transducer even on the HDS Pro. Without Fish Reveal on the Pro everything else works without the 3100 module.It will then be shared over the ethernet to other units.
    Basshopper, would the same hold true for the AT2? Meaning if i have a HDS Pro (dont care about fish reveal) and AT2, can I view the AT2 on the HDS Live I have already?

active target 2 will work on any unit that active target 1 worked on but you can only run two active target 2's at the same time on the new pro units and the fish reveal has nothing to do with active target its part of the new active imaging 3 in 1 transducers and the s3100 box

12. Member
    Does anyone know how the fish reveal on side imaging is supposed to work? Does the 2D have a wider cone? Does the 2D have to be set to a particular frequency?

Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    Does anyone know how the fish reveal on side imaging is supposed to work? Does the 2D have a wider cone? Does the 2D have to be set to a particular frequency?
    Good question.

I haven't seen an explanation to what High-Wide or Medium-Wide actually means.

best video about them so far that i have found

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNReb View Post
    The Fish Reveal Transducer has Sonar Elements in the side and bottom. Its all covered in the 3-1HD FishReveal transducer. Does not require any other sonar transducer.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TTSpringers View Post
    Basshopper, would the same hold true for the AT2? Meaning if i have a HDS Pro (dont care about fish reveal) and AT2, can I view the AT2 on the HDS Live I have already?
    Fish Reveal and AT2 have no connection. 2 separates tools.AT2 will work on HDS Live except for the Dual AT2. It can only run 1 transducer. The HDS Pro is required to run 2 AT2 transducers. Then the AT2 will share to your Lives from the Pro also. I don't know if the Duals will share onto the Lives Guessing it would not.

17. Member
    Thank you.

18. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Interesting point on sharing. Requiring a "HDS Pro" to fully utilize the AT2 and Active Imaging 3N1 ducer is a chunk of coin and understandable, but knowing what you get on the rest of the network would be nice. I'm guessing the 3100 module will still be needed as well to get everything on a Carbon or Live. Wonder what shares if you don't hve the 3100?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234