Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZO6 View Post
    Anyone know what the details are for the 2D on the new UHD transducer. Same as the old 3 in 1 or upgraded?
    Team Colibri said that it stay as before, unfortunatley.

2. Member
    Yes, and I am sure that Active Target 3 is already being developed, but they won't release it until the competition leapfrogs them and they have to. Although these newer technologies are helping people find more fish, the manufacturers have turned this into a racket that forces people to spend a ton of money to keep up with the latest developments.

Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    Yes, and I am sure that Active Target 3 is already being developed, but they won't release it until the competition leapfrogs them and they have to. Although these newer technologies are helping people find more fish, the manufacturers have turned this into a racket that forces people to spend a ton of money to keep up with the latest developments.
    It’s a business first. They do what all businesses try to do which is make money. If they gave everything away they wouldn’t be in business. It’s not like they upgrade every 2 months. It’s at 2 years minimum right now. I am running SS3D which has been on my rigs since 2018 and I’m sure it was released well prior to that. Live units have been out since fall 2018.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

I just took advantage of lower Live pricing to complete upgrading of my units, so wasn't looking to upgrade anyway, but TBH, nothing that they've discussed so far really interests me, at least at the pricing they are talking about. Sure Wide Scout mode seems cool, but unless I am mis-understanding you are still buying two AT boxes and two transducers, not sure how that is different than what you can do now. I guess getting both on the same screen is the upgrade? Plus Lowrance's Scout mode isn't that great when compared against Garmin - it wasn't clear if they've made any improvements to it. And as mentioned in the 2nd vid some of these new views are wasting a ton of screen space...

As for the 2/3n1, buying a Pro and then still having to spend $1500 more just for fish reveal? That seems like a big marketing mistake... You should get more for $1500 (or more with the Pro, I guess). Is fish reveal that good - I don't even use it.

Some of these new feature will appeal to some I'm sure, but for my uses I'm glad I took advantage of the deep discounts on the Lives and adding a Ghost/Ghost 360.

5. Member
    So what do you need to be able to have the HD side scan/downscan with live units? Is it just the new 3 in 1 transducer or that and something else? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by nsd22002 View Post
    So what do you need to be able to have the HD side scan/downscan with live units? Is it just the new 3 in 1 transducer or that and something else? I'm confused.
    Seems you'd need an HDS Pro unit in your network, or a 3100 module, and the new 2/1 or 3/1 AI HD transducer.

Should you decide on the HDS Pro, you would need to plug the transducer into the HDS Pro MFD.

The 3100 module would connect to your ethernet, and the transducer would be plugged into the 3100.

7. Member
    In order to get FishReveal on SideScan you need everything. HDS Pro, S3100, AI HD FR transducer.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    You are correct, for that matter the AT40 is probably being worked on. I work for one of the largest Industrial Technology companies in the world and our R&D is working on some amazing things BUT that does not mean that it is ready for the masses. One major factor is that most of us anglers install the stuff ourselves without any training and most probably don’t even use the manual! Just try to engineer a product that is installed by many unqualified people! People would flood the hotline and online forums with complaints and the company would soon be out of business! They must put a lot of due diligence into every product release and even if they do then they might miss something and the people installing it have issues and air the issues out online. This causes people to move to other brands where complaints are less.

9. Member
    I had hopes that active target would be in the head unit of the newest model, just like they did with HDS2 touch getting LSS2 in head unit after first being a module. I hope they eventually add it and 3D. My boat doesn’t have room for modules.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naturenut View Post
    I had hopes that active target would be in the head unit of the newest model, just like they did with HDS2 touch getting LSS2 in head unit after first being a module. I hope they eventually add it and 3D. My boat doesn’t have room for modules.
    . Notice the new Gigabit Ethernet port! They could be going to modularity everything so you can keep the head unit longer and just upgrade modules!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naturenut View Post
    Most users of HDS uses StructureScan, so making that internal in the unit was meaningful for most users. Only a fraction of the HDS-user use AT, thus adding that internally would just increase the cost for the margin of users. Thus I don’t see this happening for a long time.

12. Member
    I don't care anything about fish reveal. Never liked it. I'm just wanting to have the HD side scan/downscan. I'm thinking I just need the new transducer......... correct?

13. Member
    I don't care anything about fish reveal. Never liked it. I'm just wanting to have the HD side scan/downscan. I'm thinking I just need the new transducer......... correct?
    That's right, provided that you have already bought HDS Pro without a transducer, or are going to buy HDS Pro with transducer. Otherwise, the S3100 module is required.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    In order to get FishReveal on SideScan you need everything. HDS Pro, S3100, AI HD FR transducer.
    HDS PRO is not required. You need the 3100 a fish reveal transducer there are 2 3-1HD HW Fish reveal and MH Fish Reveal and this will work on Carbon, Live and FS.

If you have an HDS PRO you do need the same equipment for Fish reveal. The box is not built into the new Pro with Fish Reveal, Not required for expanded Frequency Ranges without Fish Reveal.
    Last edited by Basshopper; 12-03-2022 at 06:30 AM.

Hopefully we will get a nice 3DSS/3n1AI/3n1HD comparison like jrhea gave us previously...

16. Member
    I think Fish reveal on Side Scan. Would be awesome! If you can see fish better off to the side.

17. Member
    In a couple videos ive heard them mention that it uses the 2d sonar to overlay the fish reveal onto sidescan. The same way that it does now for downscan. If that is the case it would only work very close to the boat. Unless they have a whole array of 2d elements shooting out in different directions or something.

Im interested as well as I struggle to seee fish on sidescan unless they are quite large

QUOTE=STRETCH1;12772952]I think Fish reveal on Side Scan. Would be awesome! If you can see fish better off to the side.[/QUOTE]

18. Member
    There appears to be HDS PRO info from InDepth Sonar

the video's should help with questions
    Lowrance HDS Pro - A Blue Button & Modules, Modules, Modules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hdjoZ4pfiM

ActiveImaging HD From Lowrance - CHIRP & Mega Imaging FINALLY!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etXmOV6KVOk

NEW!! Lowrance S3100 Sonar Module - Breathing New Life to HDS Live, Carbon & Elite FS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIrMcvpEyHE

Lowrance Active Target 2 - 2 New Views, 2x The Price

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kQH-F5Gg1c

InDepth Sonar

19. Member
    There appears to be HDS PRO info from InDepth Sonar

the video's should help with
    questions

Lowrance HDS Pro - A Blue Button & Modules, Modules, Modules

ActiveImaging HD From Lowrance - CHIRP & Mega Imaging FINALLY!!!

NEW!! Lowrance S3100 Sonar Module - Breathing New Life to HDS Live, Carbon & Elite FS

Lowrance Active Target 2 - 2 New Views, 2x The Price

20. Member
    I'll have AT2 as soon as they release AT7.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast