Lowrance to Garmin Waypoints?

I have HD’s front and back and am adding a 126SV up front for LS. 126 will predominantly be for LS but still thinking it’d be good to have my wp’s on the Garmin. Haven’t delved in too deeply yet on YouTube or anything but thought I’d ask here if and how it’s done.
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

Export your wpts from the Lowrance to an SD card in GPX format. Then, it's a straight import into Garmin. In the Garmin User Data menu, there is a toggle for ADM and GPX format. Be sure to change this to GPX.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    I have HD’s front and back and am adding a 126SV up front for LS. 126 will predominantly be for LS but still thinking it’d be good to have my wp’s on the Garmin. Haven’t delved in too deeply yet on YouTube or anything but thought I’d ask here if and how it’s done.
    How did this work out? I'm selling a Lowrance gen 3 and need to do the same thing before I sell it? Curious how u made out. Thanks.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Export your wpts from the Lowrance to an SD card in GPX format. Then, it's a straight import into Garmin. In the Garmin User Data menu, there is a toggle for ADM and GPX format. Be sure to change this to GPX.
    When u change this to GPX format does it effect way points already on existing 106svs? Does it effect anything or change anything on existing 106svs?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwags13 View Post
    How did this work out? I'm selling a Lowrance gen 3 and need to do the same thing before I sell it? Curious how u made out. Thanks.
    Haven’t got around to it yet. Just finished up the install and for some reason it got very cold in my garage and I haven’t gone back out there for any length of time!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    So when my garage decides to warm back up enough to go out and sit in the boat…….regular SD card or Micro?

7. Member
    Micro

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    regular SD card or Micro?
    Also 32 GB or smaller

When u change this to GPX format does it effect way points already on existing 106svs? Does it effect anything or change anything on existing 106svs?
    Will not affect any waypoints on the unit as this is a new file that's being imported. NOW there may be some that wont have the same icon from the Lowrance and it will end up being a square.....there is a guy on here that has a program (Xcel) that can fix that and has helped others but dont remember who it is. Hopefully he see these post and help.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

I think you need to select merge. If I’m not correct someone will let us all know. I was thinking there is more than one option to import waypoints.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Also 32 GB or smaller

Will not affect any waypoints on the unit as this is a new file that's being imported. NOW there may be some that wont have the same icon from the Lowrance and it will end up being a square.....there is a guy on here that has a program (Xcel) that can fix that and has helped others but dont remember who it is. Hopefully he see these post and help.
    Thank u. So I need a micro SD 32gig or smaller is what ur saying? I did try a 64 and it didn't show a card being in the slot.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bhjr. View Post
    I think you need to select merge. If I’m not correct someone will let us all know. I was thinking there is more than one option to import waypoints.
    Ok. Hopefully someone chimes in. I tried all this today and failed but I was using a 64gb cars.

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes, these units take 32 gb or smaller card.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Yes, these units take 32 gb or smaller card.
    Everything worked with the 32gb card. Thanks everyone

14. Member
    I'm wanting to do the same thing. Load Lowrance waypoints on a card and transfre them over to my Garmin. When loading the 32 microcard into the Lowrance how do you result in GPX format ? Is that some type of option on the Lowrance unit that a person can select ?
    GETFISHED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I'm wanting to do the same thing. Load Lowrance waypoints on a card and transfre them over to my Garmin. When loading the 32 microcard into the Lowrance how do you result in GPX format ? Is that some type of option on the Lowrance unit that a person can select ?

Yes. Also ,once the Garmin unit prompts you to select the file, select GPX on the Garmin before the transfer.

16. Member
    Thank you I will give it a try sometime this week.
    GETFISHED !!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Sorry, I just seen this. It's in the drop down menu when u go to export the waypoints. The default setting is like 6 something? I can't really remember. But there will be a arrow with a drop down menu, just scroll down and select GPX.